Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 100 day challenge. Here we go

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: 100 day challenge. Here we go

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am

@Panta it's difficult knowing people you love don't trust you, but it also works a strong motivation for staying on track. The more you stick with it, the faster you'll be able to build back that trust, and that's something that is clearly really important to you.

That's fantastic! That shows so much determination and strength, Good on you for picking up the phone and making that call! You should feel really proud of yourself! The more you stop yourself acting on those little thoughts or urges like "oh I can have a sneaky bet" the easier it is to ignore them.

Hows your weekend shaping up?
    0 x
    Panta

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:08 pm

strong motivation for staying on track is my positive and reason why Iam doing this, pushes me to prove everyone wrong

Iam keeping myself very busy and cooking a bbq today!! Day 8 so far I’m proud
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Hey @Panta,

Good job reaching Day 8! It's definitely easier said than done.

That's fantastic, having a strong motivation and being clear on your reason to quit will get you a long way.

Yummy, bbq sounds great. Enjoy! :cool:
    0 x
    Panta

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:18 am

Day 11

I went and saw someone for help. I have emotional broke down past couple of days. Realised how much money I have lost and what I should of done to benefit my own family. I feel sick about the fact that I done this to my own young family

Gambling can go and get f&*k
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:16 am

Good morning @Panta,

Day 11, go you!!!

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing an emotional break down these past couple of days. Reaching out for support can be difficult, so well done on seeing someone for help. Did you find it useful/helpful?

Understandably it can be tough having these realisations, but at the same time these eye openers are an opportunity to push ourselves forward. Hope you don't dwell on the past too much, I know it's easier said than done. Sounds like you're determined to leave this habit in the past, and that your family is a great motivation for you to maintain this change.

Not sure if you'll be seeing again the psychologist/counsellor/person you saw recently, but if in the meantime to your next appointment you ever feel like you need to speak to someone you can call for free 24/7 our counsellors on 1800 858 858. You're not alone!

Keep us posted on how you're going. We're here for you! :);
    1 x
    AGHS

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:11 pm

@Panta Welcome to the forums.........it is hard giving up gambling and you have come to a great forum where there are many, many people that all have experienced what you are going through, so know you are not alone. Don't be ashamed, be proud that you made the decision to kick this awful addiction. Gambling lulls you into a false sense of control until you lose all of your money and then reality sinks in..........the past is gone, only look ahead. Visualise what you want your life to look like gambling free and work toward your vision. Take one day at a time and acknowledge and take pride in yourself for every day you have kept the gambling demon away. It is not your fault that you became addicted, gambling is designed to addict, designed to take your money, designed for you to go to desperate measures and do things you wouldn't even have thought you were capable of doing. I know, I have been there. Stay strong, you got this............
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:57 pm

@Panta part of the healing process, there wouldn’t be too many people whom have not reached that point.
    Control the things you can control, not gambling, the 💰 is gone you can not control that!
    All the best, forward we go mate.
    0 x
    Panta

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:27 am

Wow!!
    Thank you all for the support, overwhelming. Sometimes you think that you’re the only one who’s going though this but coming on this forum you see yourself that you’re not alone and I thank you all once again.

Day 13!!! Tuff as nails over here :cool: now the days keep going I just want more, I can’t wait for 100 days and be proud of myself.

As for the help I got, I understood more about myself and I know what I need to do to beat this.
    4 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:15 am

@Panta it's easy to fall into the idea that you're alone, but you aren't everyone here understand what's going on and is here to support you!

You sounds so determined, it's fantastic! It takes some time to get to know yourself and know whats going on. You're making progress! How's your weekend going?
    0 x
    Panta

Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Very busy and tuff weekend. I worked Saturday and only had one day. My wife and son were under the weather and I had to step up and take care of both which was hard let me tell you.

Day 15! Can’t explain how I feel. Quite emotional. Even though it’s day 15 I still believe it’s hard to quit. It’s been tuff to say no daily
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”