Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 100 day challenge. Here we go

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

Re: 100 day challenge. Here we go

Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Hi panta it's very hard for the first week, make sure you plan ahead to keep yourself busy so you don't have to urge to gamble.
    I work alots so I'm quit lucky, but i drive pass pub n club everyday before and after work that not help at all, I just keep telling myself that I need to change and I can do, what I lost before it's the pass , concentrate on new me again gamble free.
    1 x
    Panta

Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:17 pm

Keeping myself busy is the main key for me I think plus I want to join the gym after this stupid lockdown ends. Just so I can look forward to do something new and be excited

I have handed over my accounts and money to my wife now. I don’t have any control of any of that now.
    3 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi panta that was great you did that, my partner can't do that for me , cos I work for myself and he can't control the cash I spend, now after 1 month gamble free I feel like a new start of life again, I'm able to go away and shopping with friend n eat out etc without worried no money, I love my new life.
    We all here together I'm sure you can do it too. Believe in yourself .
    2 x
    Panta

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:43 pm

I can’t wait to enable to go shopping and not to worry. Just the simplest things I guess. Sounds silly but true. Day 5 is over. Tomorrow is pay day. Kinda feels weird not having control of my money anymore.

Didn’t go in that round robin tournament at work 👍
    1 x
    Mona80

Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi everyone
    I'm new
    I gambled yesterday ended with nothing in my pocket
    Feeling very uneasy and just want to go back and win my money back
    0 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Hi Mona80 I know what it feel like, been their done that many time. It's good that you join this forum cos we all on the same boat, learn to let go what you lost , start fresh again.
    0 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:08 pm

heya @Mona80 I'm sorry to hear that you had such a loss last night. That uneasy feeling is pretty common after such a blow, but I'm rally glad you've come here instead of going back out to try win it back.

as @Anita44 says everyone here knows that feeling and we're here to support you. Have you got some people around you to support you right now?
    1 x
    Panta

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:07 pm

@Mona80
    Welcome, glad you didn’t go back. We are happy you taken great steps forward
    1 x
    TheTiges

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:09 pm

@Panta thank you for putting in your kind words, @Mona80 we're all here for you!

@panta, how have you been?
    0 x
    Panta

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:09 pm

@TheTiges
    Besides keeping myself very very busy with work and home, I have been ok.
    The wife doesn’t trust at all at this stage which is sad. I need to keep reminding myself why she doesn’t trust me.

I remembered I had money on one of the sporting apps left on. I logged on today. Looked at the balanced then I rang up the company and cancelled card with the company. I was kinda proud of myself.

I could of had a sneaky bet and my wife wouldn’t even noticed. That was so tuff for me to do actually. I win another day!!!
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”