Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 100 day challenge. Here we go

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: 100 day challenge. Here we go

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:35 am

Hi @Panta,
    You've done an amazing job implementing so many strategies.
    Congratulations on reaching day 51/100 today!!! Halfway through your challenge, well done! :cool: :cool:
    0 x
    Menz199

Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:41 am

Way to go @Panta
    You’ve put done great strategies in place.
    Congratulations on reaching halfway 😀
    1 x
    Panta

Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Thank you so much everyone
    I’m so happy 😀
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:34 pm

heya @Panta ! I just wanted to see how you're tracking this week? :cool:
    0 x
    Panta

Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:19 pm

Iam doing overwhelming amazing!
    66 days today. I completely forgot about gambling, checking scores, looking at my phone and iam helping others to quit too. That feels amazing, pushing others to quit. Two people from my worksite has stopped because of me.

I feel great
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:29 pm

Hey @Panta,

This is so great to hear! :D Thanks for the update and well done! Truly amazing accomplishments, not just completely having forgotten about gambling, checking scores, etc., but on top of it helping others quit too. Awesome job!

66 days gamble free, way to go! :cool:
    0 x
    Panta

Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:20 am

Day 97 ladies and gentlemen!

(Before I begin writing I want to say sorry I don’t come back on the forum a lot. I just have a bad memory coming back online. My bad)

I just want to get afew things off my back so here goes.

1. Even though Iam close to been 100 days. It’s not enuff. I want more. I feel that gambling is worse then taken drugs (my opinion, I might be wrong in your eyes) on the daily we struggle, so we fight on the daily. It depends how bad you want it to go away and out of your life

2. Savings account is booming! Happy days! P.s. I opened account for my 19 mths old school. That made me so happy and proud.

3. My wife, she asks me here and there if I do still do it. I know how she feels, I know that she’s not fully recovered from the events I put her through but we are all still hurting from the past. The future is very promising she’s proud.

4. ANYONE CAN IT!!!
    I promise you I never throught I’ll be on a forum saying the words “I did it and iam winning!” I promise you ANYONE CAN BEAT THIS ****. Smash it outta the park! You can do it, I promise you!
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:58 am

Hi @Panta,

3 more days, way to go!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
    (And, no need to apologise, we're always glad to get an update, especially a fantastic milestone like this one ;); ).

1. So good to hear you want more than 100 days. Does 200 days or even one year seem like a feasible goal for you at this stage? You can look at the 100 days as kickstart goal, and then go from there as you see fit for yourself. :D
    2. Wow, congratulations on tho booming savings account!!!! Very rightly deserved to be feeling proud. It's so fantastic you have such strong motivations such as your children. :o
    3. Sounds like you're aware of her thoughts, emotions and what the process has been for her overall. Have you shared with her your 100 Day Challenge? It might help in gaining trust back... small steps, but step by step, you'll get where you want to be. As you said, "the future is very promising", and I'm happy for you that she's proud.
    4. Amazing message to everyone in the forums! (Insert applause emojis here)

I think @Printemps will agree with me in saying it's been a pleasure for us to follow your journey. I know I'm looking forward to see what the future has in store for you and your family. :);
    And although it's not the triple digit day just yet, I still want to say congratulations @Panta! You've come really far.
    1 x
    BrisbaneLad

Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:10 pm

Congratulations @Panta ! What an inspiration reading through your thread - what an amazing journey - well done mate!
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:59 am

@Panta

Congratulations! This is a really fantastic milestone and being able to see the pride and joy coming from your post is just so wonderful!

@Lovely Cat Lady is 100% right, it has been such a privilege to be able to be with your during this journey! Let us know how you're travelling! And keep up the amazing work! :o
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”