Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1 /100

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    KAG

Day 1 /100

Sat May 22, 2021 5:28 pm

Day 1 nearly done feeling positive but feeling sad today and exhausted
    I had a lovely day with family meeting my new nephew he is beautiful and reason to smile
    Anyway early days but I am still determined and believe I can do this
    The stories I been reading are amazing and gives me lots of hope xx
    4 x
    Printemps

Re: Day 1 /100

Sat May 22, 2021 5:41 pm

hi @KAG , it sounds like your day 1 was really nice, your nephew and family sound like really good motivation to help you keep on track. Sadness and exhaustion are common feelings for a lot of people at this time, what you're doing is tough, but your determination is really coming through loud and clear, so go you. Just remember, one day at a time. :); I'm excited to hear what tomorrow brings for you!
    1 x
    KAG

Sun May 23, 2021 4:06 pm

It’s day 2 today and abit better I cried a lot last night about me

Anyway today was abit better and A test I had 2 hours that I was by myself and usually I would go straight to the pokies however today I distracted myself and kept busy by shopping and doing some housework yeah to me!

One day at at time another tick ✅ feels good xx
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun May 23, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi @KAG,

Congratulations on making Day 2! :);

Sometimes a really really good cry is the best way to just get it all out. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better today.

Good job on trading pokies for shopping and housework today. Have you thought of other activities aside from shopping and housework you can do instead of pokies? I recommend you have a read at the 'Walk your day to resilience' post in the blog and the 'Activities to do instead of gambling' discussion in the forums, they might inspire some ideas.

That's it, one day at a time. :cool:
    1 x
    KAG

Sun May 23, 2021 4:51 pm

thanks lovely cat lady for your support and info I will check out the ideas!!!
    1 x
    KAG

Re: Day 3 /100

Mon May 24, 2021 9:21 pm

Hey its Day 3 - I had a busy day today at work and then cooked a lovely dinner.. resting up now and haven't had a chance to think about this!

thinking about this 97 days to go is along way away to get to 100 BUT I think I can do this, this time it feels different. I really think its getting your support is helping me feel okay and I am trying really hard to stop thinking about what I have wasted.

Day 3 is done... yeah for me! Another step forward to a better life without gambling.
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue May 25, 2021 10:31 am

@KAG it sounds like a lovely day 3. taking it one day at a time, is a really great approach to stop yourself getting overwhelmed by that bit 100, I'm really so happy to hear that the forums have been useful! Let us know how today has been for you!
    0 x
    KAG

Tue May 25, 2021 9:11 pm

Day 4 Tuesday pay day!!

I had a good day and had a lovely walk in my lunch break which made me feel good!

I stayed strong and made sure I was busy as pay day is always a risky one!

One day at a time is my new motto another day gamble free is great 😁✅
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue May 25, 2021 10:36 pm

Hi kag well done day 4 now yay, when you get pay go treat something nice cos you well deserve it.
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed May 26, 2021 9:04 am

Hi @KAG,

Good job on getting through pay day! And it's Day 5 for you today, congratulations!

Going for a walk during your lunch break is a great self-care strategy. Even a short walk can be very beneficial for your mental and physical well-being, so well done! What other things do you do for self-care?

One day at a time is a great motto. Hope you have another great gamble free day. :cool:
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”