Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1 /100

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: Day 1 /100

Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:16 pm

@KAG That's fantastic you were able to set that boundary with your friends and instead have a nice time chatting.

Being able to identify your triggers is a really good skill. It means you can prepare yourself and ensure you're in a good position to work through them. What helped you to persevere yesterday?

You 100% should be feeling strong and proud! You're approaching two weeks which is just great :o
    0 x
    KAG

Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:18 am

Thanks @Printemps for your lovely words it helps a lot and I think why I Didn’t gamble was I just didn’t want to get started again. Hope I can hold onto this forever

Day 13 yesterday and gamble free yeah so good

Now day 14 already and feeling strong

I will keep myself busy as it’s my day off so I need to be careful but it’s good I am aware !

I am going to have a walk at the duck pond, coffee date with my mum and relax it’s been a big week!

Cheers to day 14 wow it does prove the one day at a time adds up! Look at all the emojis!!

😁❤️👏🌻✅🙏🤩🥳🎉🥂😂🥶😜🌸
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:38 am

@KAG that's a really great head space to be in, and it sounds like you're in a great space to manage urges as they come up! And as you say, being aware is really the great, it means you can plan your down time and make sure you're in a good place to avoid any triggers!

That sounds like such a nice weekend, it's always nice to know you've got some relaxing activities to do after a busy week.

Exactly! taking it one day at a time takes a bit of the pressure off, and means that when you finally do look back at how far you've come you realise you've smashed through a lot of hurdles! I hope your day 15 is going well :o

I love the emojis!!!
    0 x
    KAG

Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:25 pm

Hi everyone it’s day 16 for me and still gamble free

I had family get together about 20 of us and we all played lawn bowls which was loads of fun !

It was at a bowling club and usually I would sneak out to pokies or play keno but I didn’t today and it felt good 😁

My brother even said I looked good he doesn’t know my struggle but I think I am feeling better about myself so maybe it’s showing on the outside

Thanks so much I really think writing this and your support is definitely helping me

Day 16 yippee
    👏👏👏🤩🤩🤩✅✅✅🌻🌻🌻🥰🥰🥰🥳
    1 x
    KAG

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Day 17 and feeling good 😁

counting the days helps me remind myself I can do this

Also I am going to start looking at my budget to start saving again just paying off my credit cards first!!

Small steps but every step counts 😁
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:47 am

Hey @KAG ,

Lawn bowls sounds like it was great fun! It's amazing how to hear about that compliment from your brother. I think you're 100% right, when we're feeling less stressed and unfocused on the inside, it shows on the outside!

That sounds like a really good plan, taking small steps each day is a lot easier than trying to tackle everything at once!

Let us know how you're going today! :o
    0 x
    KAG

Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:25 pm

Thanks @Printemps hope you are well too !

I am going good today thanks and it’s day 18 already!!

Busy at work and now just going to relax tonight !

Another day, another step forward and I know for sure I really don’t want to go backwards 👏❤️
    1 x
    KAG

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:11 pm

Day 19 !! Yippee!

I feeling good but wish I did this years ago but I have to try and put that out of mind I am so sad when I think of this and what I have done

I didn’t realise pokies was changing me so much until now

I am liking the new version of me❤️
    0 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:52 pm

@KAG it's frustrating to think of what could have been, but you're here now and you're making amazing progress and that's the main thing!

Sometimes you can't see the impact of an addiction when you're at the centre of it, but now you've got some distance you can take stock and see how far you've come and the being to love the person you're becoming!

How's day 20 been?
    0 x
    KAG

Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 pm

Thanks @Printemps for your words of encouragement and helping me

So still going strong Day 20 yeeess✅

I told my husband today I have been writing this journal and how I have not touched anything for 20 days. He was so proud so happy that I could tell him my progress and show to him and myself I can do this❤️

So happy
    💪 😀
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”