Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1 /100

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: Day 1 /100

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:32 am

@KAG I can hear that self love coming through your words, be kind to ourselves and nourishing our souls is such an important part of recovery. The more you know yourself and support yourself the more you're able to heal and recognise anything that maybe impacting your recovery.

:o

How does the rest of your weekend look?
    1 x
    KAG

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Day 30 and going good!!

Not much on this weekend And just went out for lunch at fox studios which was lovely

Keeping myself busy and feeling happy I don’t feel bored which is a good sign 😀

Stay strong 💪 xx
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:40 am

Hi @KAG,

Congratulations on reaching Day 31 today!!! It's great to see your progress. Way to go! :cool:

So glad to hear you're feeling happy. Keeping busy is definitely key. :D

"The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom." (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Keep up the good fight!
    1 x
    KAG

Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:32 pm

Hi it’s day 33 for me today!! Awesome

it’s been a busy week at work still tracking well which is great

I did think today i could go gamble for a little abit I don’t know why but I didn’t do it !!

I just hope I can just keep on track I don’t want that in my life again ie wasting money, wasting time and just sneaking around which is pretty bad

I promise I will keep strong I can do this, I want this and I am doing this so one day at a time l am free!!! xx 💪✅🥰
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:38 am

Hi @KAG,

Day 34 today now, your approaching halfway of your challenge! :cool:

Good job restraining from the gambling urge!!! Many times our decisions are based on a heart vs brain debate, perhaps you don't know the rationale of why you didn't act on the thought of gambling because it was more a matter of your heart not being in it anymore as you're recognising the consequences bring you more negative feelings than positive ones, just like you've listed (wasting money and time, sneaking around...). What do you reckon?

You're doing fantastic @KAG, you've already come a long way. You've been a little bit more than a month now gamble free! You should be proud of yourself! :o
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:30 pm

heya @KAG I just wanted to check in and see how you've been going?
    0 x
    KAG

Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:40 pm

Hi @Printemps thanks for checking in I am going well I can’t believe it’s day 41 today !! Hope you are going well too

Lately I have been distracted with candy crush free version! and lockdown in Sydney !!

I am pretty proud I am getting through this but I Worry if I get weak moments I could go backwards so I need to step carefully as it could come and get me and I don’t want that anymore

keep safe everyone and stay strong ❤️
    2 x
    Printemps

Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:35 pm

@KAG 41 days is fantastic!

Ahh good old Candy Crush a great distraction from everything! I hope the lockdown isn't too stressful and you're able to have a bit of time and space for yourself during it.

Does anyone have any advice for @KAG for those moments when you do feel a bit wobbly? @Damaged_Armour @Anita44 @Squeaky @yep123 ?
    0 x
    Anita44

Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:59 pm

Hi kAG hi printemps
    I do play candy crush too free game, love it, I was one of the top 11 elite on candy crush lol. I use to play a bit before I was addicted to pokies, I am quit lucky cos alots of my friend not gamble but we girl we all love go eat out and shopping after. Which I start doing that with them again, it's was a nice feeling than sit at pub hit the machine.
    I start play badminton again it's was fun and good exercise too, not just that I get to meet all the new player too.
    I spent time with my sister n brother from New Zealand we do messager video chat was nice, cos I don't really do that with them before.
    I love shopping, I'm not just window shop I actually shop or else I stay home .
    I guess that why I work hard for my own money. But still gamble can easy take over life too.
    Well done KAG you almost half way to this journey congrats.
    1 x
    Damaged_Armour

Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:46 pm

KAG wrote:
    Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:40 pm
    Hi @Printemps thanks for checking in I am going well I can’t believe it’s day 41 today !! Hope you are going well too

Lately I have been distracted with candy crush free version! and lockdown in Sydney !!

I am pretty proud I am getting through this but I Worry if I get weak moments I could go backwards so I need to step carefully as it could come and get me and I don’t want that anymore

keep safe everyone and stay strong ❤️
    The only advice at this point would be don't even buy a $1 scratchie. A seemingly harmless action, has the potential to ignite the thirst.
    3 x
    There's No such thing as "Just Once"

You want to stop gambling? Ok great, put your boxing gloves on.

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”