Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1 /100

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: Day 1 /100

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:15 pm

Hi @KAG,

How are you going?

Congratulations on reaching Day 51/100 today!!! :cool:
    0 x
    KAG

Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:39 am

Hi all and thanks @Lovely Cat Lady I haven’t been tracking lately but thanks for the reminder I am so happy it’s now 53 days the longest break for a very long time hope it keeps going

I am in lockdown so the urge is not really their as I can’t go to the pokies but on Saturday I was tempted to reopen my tab account I was bored but I didn’t and I told my husband I don’t want to break this gamble free zone I can’t believe stupid thoughts just pop in my head

Thanks for the advice too the other week I thought it was just me about scratchies and not buying them I totally agree I can’t get that buzz again

And thanks @Anita44 for your ideas too l love shopping and going out with my friends when I can !

Have a good day everyone stay safe and stay strong we have got this 😃🌻😄
    3 x
    KAG

Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:43 am

Thanks for your valuable advice I can really relate to it especially getting the thirst back as I can see how easily it could come back if you let your guard down

I just wished I wasn’t picked for this fight but I am in the ring and fighting hard

thanks and hope you are doing well too 😃
    2 x
    Anita44

Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Hi KAG
    How are you doing?
    Congrats you make it over half way of your journey now, yes everyday should get easy than our first day here remember.
    Yes it's lovely feeling able to put food on the table everyday and shopping, my partner are very proud of me and I am proud of myself too.
    Only time will give us compare what our life are like when we gamble and without gamble.
    It's ashamed when we have gamble addition, we couldn't think outside the box.
    2 x
    KAG

Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:48 am

Hi @Anita44

I am doing well thanks and totally agree with you it does feel fantastic to do all the better things in life with friends and family with great food and shopping etc it feels great and we are not trapped and we can change !!

I am so happy and proud of you too I have been reading your story and mine is very similar to yours and you have helped me so much to believe that I can do this so thank you ❤️

How are you doing??

Day 54 today yippee!!
    3 x
    Anita44

Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi KAG
    I am great thank you so much, I am so happy that you able to quit gamble the same its me, I know we both proud of each other.
    I always think we all human and we do make mistakes in life, it's was a great feeling that our partner stand by our side, and I think if he make mistakes in the future I will stand by his side and give him a chance to make it right too.
    I amount of shopping I buy in last 4 weeks equal I been spend last 4 yrs, and I still manage to paid all my bill, plus I put a little extra in our join account.
    I use to hate myself don't have any nice cloth or shoes cos all the money I make all go to gamble.
    The past it's the past, we just enjoy what life bring us from now on.

Congrats day 54 now go girl 🥰😍
    2 x
    KAG

Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:01 pm

61 days today!!

Just wanted to check in the days are adding up!!

One day at a time really works

I am feeling good but in lockdown!

Today I brought a pair of UGG online and was questioning the price got a good bargain but a few months ago I would throw hundreds away without a thought until at the end of night

So thinking that I might be valuing my money more I hope so as I work hard to get it

Anyway take care everyone hope you are doing okay too

🙌🙌🙌
    4 x
    Printemps

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:28 pm

heya @KAG 60 days is great! I'm glad to hear you're feeling okay in lock down!

It's amazing how much ones perception of money can change throughout the journey! :o

Is there anything you can share that has helped you over the past nearly two months?
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi @KAG,

Just wanted to check-in and ask how you're doing? Hopefully faring well despite current lockdowns....

And also, congratulations for being 80 days gamble free today!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:09 pm

Hi @KAG,

Congratulations, today is day 100 of your 100 Day Challenge!!!

Hope you're doing well and faring ok despite lockdown. :);
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”