Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 of 100 I am ready!

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    KAG

Day 0 of 100 I am ready!

Fri May 21, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi all
    I am new to this forum but I have been trying by myself to give up but it’s not working so I am starting my 100 day challenge now

Pokies is my addiction and I really hate and love them at the same time!! I am been slowly getting back to old habits of over 20 years but now the bet has got higher and higher and i am
    out of control
    I somehow just get drawn back like a magnet it’s weird when I feel great or sad it still draws me and it just has power over me.

I just want to stop this habit and get back my power as I am sick of wasting money and time it’s just taking away everything

Today I will try again but this time I will track my days and use the tools and asking for your support to get me through when I get the stupid urges!

I am ready and it starts now.

Thanks xx
    2 x
    the_penguin

Re: Day 0 of 100 I am ready!

Fri May 21, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi @KAG

I love the determination in your post. Having a positive attitude can be such a powerful tool in overcoming an addiction/nasty habit.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!
    1 x
    KAG

Fri May 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Thanks @ penguin 🐧
    0 x
    TheTiges

Sat May 22, 2021 11:40 am

hi @KAG I just wanted to check in and see how you're going today? It sounds like you've had a really difficult time, but at @the_penguin says, there so much determination! Using this space as a journal can be really helpful, as you can reach out for support and get encouragement from others who have had similar experiences! Keep us updated :);
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”