Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi @Anita44

I'm great, thanks. :o

Good to hear work is busy. :D

Day 25, keep up the good fight! :cool:
    1 x
    Menz199

Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi @Anita44

Your doing great given your current circumstances, sorry to hear about the window, it’s crazy how much they can cost to replace.

But none the less your doing a great job.
    Hope work is going good for you. :);
    1 x
    Anita44

Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:43 pm

Hi menz199 thank you so much, I have to say I feel much stronger now, I got all my bill sorted , I keep it that way.
    The window glass cost $250, not too bad.
    I been reading your journey did amazing , I am not able to save any money yet, maybe another 2 weeks slowly I'm getting their, I am very happy where I am now. But still a long way to 100 day.
    2 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:48 pm

Day 26 hi lovely cat lady & hi everyone, it's been good today, I couldn't believe it's nearly one month soon, since I join this forums, it's the best decision Stop Gamble.
    0 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:35 pm

hey @Anita44 Look at you go! nearly a month! how are you feeling right now?

I'm really so happy that the forums have been useful for you, it;'s been incredible to see your journey, thank you so much for sharing with us :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:10 pm

Hi printemps hmm I still have the urge when I drive pass pub everyday on the way to work, but I just keep telling myself that I'm better off not gamble for a long run.
    I still remember the first day I join this forums I was feeling like s hit to be honest, I thought I'm gonna have heart attack or something that how bad it's get.
    I'm just so lucky to have my partner by my side and supported me, I am grateful for that. So everytime I have the urge for gamble I will think of that day what happening to me before than I wouldn't go their again.
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:08 pm

@Anita44 drawing on those past emotions can be a really strong motivator. It also helps you put into perspective how far you've come. Each time you drive past that pub and tell yourself no, your building up your strength, and each day those urges will get a little bit easier to manage.

Your partner sounds like a wonderfully supportive person! It's so important to surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you, and it sounds like you have that! :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:25 pm

Hi printemps yes all my partner say to me that day is he worried that if I keep gamble it might lead to committed suicide etc , he said I need help, how ? he don't know, so I just get my phone and I google , now I'm here for 26 day gamble free I feel proud of myself and I work hard to paid of a few big bill and I just did it.
    0 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:34 pm

@Anita44 he really cares for you, one thing that really stands out to me is that you guys are able to have these difficult conversations and be there for each other. That was a lucky google search, remember you're the driving force behind your change. Paying off the bill, managing with the broken window at your shop, you've had the strength to persevere and stick with it! you should be feeling so proud :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:24 pm

Day 27 hi printemps and hi everyone
    Love Friday knowing that my day off tomorrow yay, feeling proud that I manage to have some money everyday to spend now. My stress level was 10/10 before now was down to 2/10 .
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”