Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi @Anita44,

How's the get away weekend going? I'm so glad you got to spend some days away with your partner. Enjoy!

Wow, it's Day 36 already! Congratulations!
    :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:13 pm

Day 36 yes almost half way of my journey.
    Hi lovely cat lady, how are you doing?
    We on the ferry back home now, it's was lovely weekend getaway, we stay at stradbroke hotel, all breakfast included. yesterday we have BBQ on the beach, than we buy the pass and go for drive along the beautiful white sand beach.
    Their pub have pokies on the island here, but I don't have the urge for gamble so it's was good thing.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Hey Anita,

Yes, almost half way through and you've achieved so much already. :D

I'm great, thanks! :o

Oh, how nice! (I love ferries but not so much the wind). Wow, sounds like the perfect get away weekend! What a great way to reward yourself for all your hard work. White sand beach is simply the best! :cool:

I'm happy to hear you had no urges despite the machines being there... I guess that's your new normal. ;);
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi lovely cat lady yes I love the new me now, it's was 100% much better life and stress free, I try to keep my self busy on my day off so make life more interesting than the old me end up play pokies on my day off and spend all my hard earn money.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:55 am

Hey @Anita44,

That's awesome! It all translates into a higher quality of life for you.

Glad you were able to make the most of the long weekend. :D
    1 x
    Anita44

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:22 am

Day 37 hi lovely cat lady n hi everyone here
    I am back to work today, feeling fresh cos of the weekend away was nice.
    My wonderful partner was say sweet word to me while we away from home ( he said he love me with his whole heart) was beautiful I almost in tears, cos I didn't expected him to say that, cos I still remember go back 39 day ago, I was too scare to come home after I lost over $6000 in one day.
    My partner his rough men on the edge but he will stand by my side, supported me where I needed the most I feel bless.
    The forum here are beyond amazing I couldn't do it without lovely cat lady & printemps & all the people we all in the same journey together we can do it.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Oh, Anita, that's really sweet of your partner! Thank you for sharing that with us. So happy for you. :o

And we're very fortunate to have you on the forums, your contributions are invaluable. :D
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Day 38 hi everyone here
    Today I'm just manage to paid all my big bill off , I was quite happy, it's take just over 5 weeks, 2 more week will start saving up some money little bit at the time, I am sure will build up in time.
    Feeling very good today, just relax and no stress.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi @Anita44,

Congratulations on paying off that big bill!!! Must be such a weight off your shoulders. You're gonna have to plan another get away weekend for another celebration, hehe. :cool:

Day 38, getting closer to halfway your challenge!!! :D
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:08 pm

Hi lovely cat lady how are you doing?
    Yes I feel amazing every day I wake up now, no stress, I was completely different person compare it's use to be.
    No more getaway for a while now, cos I have my own business that I work six day a week, so I can't go away too often, now and than it's ok.
    But this Saturday will go to do a big shopping at harbour town outlet, the end of financial year sale, they got nice hand bag and lovely shoes and nice clothes their, that why I said I start save in next 2 week lol, cos I need go shopping with my girlfriend, eat drink n shop until we drop, $1000 shop I can buy alots of thing when they on special.
    If $1000 for me go play pokies before that doesn't last long at all and nothing to show for either.
    I was very surprised myself that I don't have the urge to gamble anymore.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”