Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Mon May 10, 2021 11:11 pm

Hi how are you all doing? First time here, I'm 44 this yrs, I'm very addicted to pokies machine, I was start with very small bet at the beginning just for fun. But one day I win the grand jackpot that when it's getting worst, my bet will start from 50cent to $5 , $10 per spin, I will spend between $2000 to $6000 each time I play, I win but I keep playing until I have no more money in my wallet and Max my bank card, than I will go home or else I'm still their keep going.
    I will ignore my partner try to call me, cos when I play no one can telling me what to do, but when I loose all my money that when it's s hit me, I am stress and angry with myself, how i end up like this.
    When I get home I tell my partner that I been play pokies after work, I tell him that I lost all my saving and plus extra of our join account money.
    My partner knew the join account was running low, he just wait for me to admit myself which I did.
    Now I determine to stop gamble for good, it's my 2nd day now feeling good, but I need to start saving up all my money again that was hard, will take a few month but I'm sure I can do it.
    2 x
    Menz199

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 am

Hi @Anita44 welcome
    Keep us posted on how you go.
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue May 11, 2021 5:31 pm

Hi @Anita44,

Congratulations for your Day 2! :cool:

It's great that you have set yourself the goal of saving for the next months.

Love your determination. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Keep us posted on how you're going. :);
    0 x
    Anita44

Thu May 13, 2021 12:10 pm

Day 5 Hi everyone how are you all doing? I been keep myself very busy, so it's been great for me.
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu May 13, 2021 3:00 pm

Heya @Anita44 ,

Congrats on day 5!

What things have you been doing to keep yourself busy? Keeping yourself occupied is a great way to stay on track, and help keep any urges at bay! :);
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu May 13, 2021 9:55 pm

Hi printemps I work alots, I usually I go play pokies after work, after big loose 6 day ago, I decide enough it's enough and I hate myself by go play pokies, I love my family n I don't want to let them down, cos I realised that I work so hard but nothing to show for, I decide to come here need help before I might loose everything I have in my life, I'm very lucky that my partner are very supportive, that why I thought I came here get help, I have to say last 5 day I don't even think of any pokies yet , so far so good .
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu May 13, 2021 10:18 pm

@Anita44 , that's great to hear that you have a supportive family. It makes a lot of difference when those around you are understanding and supportive. Good on you for getting to this point, each day it will get easier and easier :o

Have you had a chance to check out the success stories section of the forum?

You can find them here - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31

Using this space as a journal is also a great way to keep yourself accountable and share your own success!
    1 x
    Anita44

Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 am

Day 6 at working today I'm looking forward tomorrow day off, will go stay at Hilton with my partner for the night, I'm already booking dinner for 2 of us too, well I'm sure their much more thing to do than just pokies, but for now head down bump up and work n save again . How everyone doing today?
    2 x
    Printemps

Sat May 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Heya @Anita44 ,

that sounds like a lovely way to spend your evening! I hope you have a great time! let us know how it is! :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat May 15, 2021 9:53 pm

Day 7 hi printemps how are you? I'm great at Hilton resort tonight was lovely we have not for a while now, I sort see alots of people out about have a drink eg beer cocktail social, I miss out alots before , I will change from now on, I have to say this forum are great .
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”