Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:40 am

heya @Anita44, you should be proud of that! It's so good to hear that your stress levels are decreased, you deserve to have some down time, without the stress of money and bills behind you. How will you be spending your time off? :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:07 pm

Day 28 yay hi printemps and hi everyone here
    Was a awesome day off today, went out shopping with 3 other girl friend , I have so much fun, I can't remember when the last time I did that. Got some new clothes, lovely lunch, coffee and finish with bubble tea. We have so much laughs ever. Than I think I will do that more often.
    Got home off with my partner play tenpin bowling that was fun , I break my new record score 155 not bad.
    I didn't spend that much money today, but I enjoy the day been stress free Was so nice.
    1 x
    Menz199

Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:31 pm

Way to go @Anita44 , sounds like you had a great day :D

Your getting very close to a month, congratulations on your great progress.
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:11 pm

Day 29 oh yeah nearly a month soon
    Hi everyone here, yes menz199 I'm only a week behind you, so I hope we both make it to 100 day challenges and forever gamble free.
    Back to work today was very busy I was so happy which I'm able to paid myself a bit more, other than that I enjoy the lovely weather at the Gold Coast here
    1 x
    Menz199

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:17 pm

Great stuff, sounds like you have had a good weekend.
    1 x
    Anita44

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:13 am

Day 30 hi menz199 and hi everyone
    Since I'm stop gamble I tend to treat myself something or going out do thing , spending a little bit of money it's not gonna kill me, especially when I compare with pokies it's nothing and I come home with a happy face and no stress either and I'm sure you feeling the same way too.
    I learn to let go what I lost in the past and concentrate my future instead.
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:33 am

Day 31 yay hi everyone here
    It's been great with my new life, I couldn't believe my life can change, I hope I continue able to gamble free that would be great, but I know thing can change anytime.
    I have to say my partner are very proud of me now and I proud of myself too.
    I'm still want to keep track until 100 day up, I want finish when I started.
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:38 am

@Anita44 it sounds like you're in a great place! and also congrats on reaching a full month! that' such an achievement, you should feel proud of how far you've come. What would you say has been the most supportive thing you've had t get you to this point? Asides from your partner and us! :);
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Hi printemps to be honest I didn't ring the helpline, but I just had enough of pokies, I earn good money but I have nothing to show for, I told my partner mum that I hate myself by doing that, she understands , I'm just telling myself that I don't want to loose everything I had. I just learn to let go with my pass and start my new day gamble free, even those I have some big bill but that just money I can work for it, but most important i have to be honesty to myself and family n friend cos the true it's the true .
    When my first day on this forum I did read alots of successful story and that motivated me more, I think if other people can do it I'm sure I can do it too. That why I'm here for 100 day challenge, to keep me on the right track.
    For the last few day I don't have any urge to gamble, cos I plan ahead for my day off etc . I will spend some of my money for eat out or shopping etc and I'm still manage to save some money even those it's not much but it's will build up in time and I don't have to stress anymore.
    1 x
    Anita44

Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:16 pm

Day 32 hi everyone
    So nice to wake up each day to a new me call normal life.
    I notice last few days I drive pass the pub before n after work, I don't even look at their carpark or anything, back than I always look see if they busy or not even I'm not going in.
    It's a horrible feeling, I don't want go on that road again.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”