Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:00 am

Hi @Anita44,

I'm good, thanks. :o

Shopping big during end of financial year sale with your girlfriend sounds like a lot of fun. Good on you! :cool:

That's so fantastic! Well done on beating those urges.

Keep up the good fight! :D
    1 x
    Anita44

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:33 pm

Day 39 hi lovely cat lady and hi everyone
    Feeling good today, just working today, not much happening.
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:17 pm

Day 40 yay hi everyone
    Been feeling pretty good everyday wake up with not much bill from now.
    I was drive pass the pub just after 10am on the way to work, it's was great to test myself if I still feel the urge or not, I was telling myself wait n see when I drive pass and see how I feel. When I drive pass I don't even look at the car park or anything, the feeling was 0 urge I was so so surprised to be able to go anywhere without worried that I have the urge anymore.
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:42 pm

@Anita44 look at you go! How does it feel knowing you can drive past the pub and not have that urge?
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi printemps how are you doing?
    Feeling proud of myself that my urge it's not in me anymore.
    I don't want to go down that way again, but I understand relapse can happen anytime, I just have to remind myself everyday that I don't need to win pokies money to live on, for my business I earn more than enough to spend for myself and still can save up abit.
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:25 pm

heya @Anita44 I'm doing well! it's pretty cold down here in Victoria :eek:

I think it's really important that you're keeping in mind that lapses or relapses can happen, while also having that constant reminder of why you're not gambling anymore.
    You're being kind to yourself and realistic while keeping your goals insight, it's a difficult balance but it sounds like you're doing it really well!
    1 x
    Anita44

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Day 41 hi printemps n hi everyone here
    Yes I learn to leave the pass behind first thing I try to give up gamble, the money I been lost over pass few years I know I would never get it back, if I do try to get it back I will loose some more extra, so I rather let it go, start fresh again.
    I always telling myself money I always can work for it, if I loose my partner and my own business and I am in so much debt than how I am gonna get out of all that mass I done, the last thing I don't even want to think off its commit suicide, never know thing can happen, that why my partner worried that most that why he said I needed help on that day.
    I have to say I was stop gamble on time.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:23 am

hey @Anita44 You're right, it is important to leave the past in the past, as you can't change what has happened. It sounds like you've been doing some really important self-reflection and can see clearly that you were in a bad place. Your partner made the right call in helping you get support when he did, and you have made so much progress in the past month and a bit. While you'r partner has been an amazing support, you've done the hard yards, and have put in the energy towards recovery. How do you feel being able to pay for these wonderful new things, like your holiday and little shopping trips?
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:16 pm

Day 42 Hi printemps how are you? Hi everyone
    I feel bless and happy n appreciate my new me, now I can afford to treat myself nice thing like buying myself a Coach hand bag, sketches shoes and clothes I feel so spoil, I come home full of shopping bag on my hand plus very happy today.
    If compare from gamble to what I spend shopping this is nothing. Cos I shop at outlet store that save me alots of money and have nice lunch I only spend under $1000, I can gamble $6000 at the time and come back home with stress and broke.
    What a wonderful day out shopping with some of my girlfriends.
    2 x
    Anita44

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Day 43 hi everyone
    Another beautiful day at the Gold Coast here, back to work again today another week gone.
    Feeling great as each day go by, knowing that I don't need to worried about finances anymore.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”