Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Day 48 yay hi everyone
    Another great day looking forward play badminton tomorrow, their a few people their I have not see them for 6 month already it's nice to catching up with them too.
    Feeling good today knowing that I don't have any issues with money.
    2 x
    the_penguin

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Hey @Anita44

You sound really positive... it's really important to share your success with the people on here who might be struggling.
    When you're at the bottom, it can feel like it will never get better. You're a shining example of what can be...

Keep sharing!
    2 x
    Menz199

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Yay @Anita44, almost halfway, badminton sounds like great fun. Your doing amazing and I’m sure you’ll have a great time catching up with your friends.

Yes it’s a great feeling to not have to worry about money.

Have a fantastic weekend :D
    2 x
    Anita44

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi the_penguin
    Yes I know what it's feel like then I was struggling, 2 day before I start my 100 day I thought I am gonna get heart attack or something and I was feeling so sick and I was so scare to come back home after I loose all the money, mainly I have a few big bill to paid at the same time and I was gamble them all.
    I was stress for the first few weeks, than I manage to work myself back up again.
    Everyday I wake up I tell myself that I will never gamble again, I wouldn't even want to try, but I do get the urge now and than but I just have keep telling myself I am happy now than before so keep the new me instead, cos if i try to gamble I might not be able to walk away again.
    I learn to let go of what I lost in the pass and change myself to a better person before it's too late.
    I know it's never too late but it's just take longer to sorted out our financial problem that all.
    1 x
    Anita44

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:06 pm

Hi menz199 thank you so much, yes nearly half way now , I am so happy, every day it's a bless for me. I am sure you feel the same too we need to feel proud of ourself to make it that far.
    You have a nice weekend too😘
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:48 am

@Anita44 how's day 49 going for you?

Badminton sounds like so much fun! How do you feel about seeing people you haven't seen in a while?
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Day 49 yay nearly half way now
    Hi printemps how are you doing?
    I am feeling great was busy early morning did some washing before play badminton, it's was great all my body feel like jelly now, cos I play with people they were much better play than me, but they said I'm not too bad as I have not play for a while now, was nice to see everyone again, I went for lunch after badminton with my cousin and doing a bit girl shopping it's was enjoyable.
    This is my first time since I loose all my money plus extra, I manage to save $200 this week, after I been doing alots of my shopping, it's doesn't sound much but I am feel proud and held my head high and say out loud that I am gamble free.
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:18 pm

@Anita44 only one day and then you'll be at 50! very exciting!

I'm doing well, thank you for asking :o

That's good that you've kept up some of your skills even though you haven't played in a while! that sounds like such a lovely day! $200 is still a lot! You should feel proud about that! Hold your head high and be proud of the fact that you're able to have these treats and save money!

Will you celebrate your 50 days gamble free somehow?
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:33 pm

Hey Anita!!

Congrats on nearly knocking up your half century!!!

Reading your posts are inspiring. I’m on Day 4 today and your growth is helping me as well.

Keep it up 👍
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi printemps I think my shopping this week would be my treat, cos I buy 1 pears of boot shoes 1 pears of sketches shoes 1 pears of addias shoes and lots of clothes. Which I have not treat myself like that for sure a long long time ago.
    School holidays now I will be quite busy at work, which mean best time to save some money, for renovations 3 weeks time.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”