Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:38 pm

Day 74 hi everyone

It's another cold morning and night time again.
    Work been a bit quite so I just take it easy today.
    My partner been working hard at home, so I try to bring dinner home most night so he don't need to cook, any left over he will for lunch the next day.
    I make him teriyaki chicken and stir fry broccoli with jasmine rice.
    Nice and easy meal for him.
    I am very happy with myself now, still gamble free amazing.
    2 x
    Printemps

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:25 pm

@Anita44 how's your day going?

I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! You've reached day 75! Three quarters of the way through! How do you feel?

It's been such a privilege to see how far you've come. It's also been wonderful to see how much you've thrown yourself into the community and the support you've given to others on the forums! :o

Keep up the amazing work!
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:40 pm

Day 75 just amazing

Hi printemps how are you doing?

I feel pretty good now, every day I wake up I feel bless that I was gamble free.
    I don't have the urge to gamble anymore and if I do one day I have to think twice before I gamble again.
    My life change alots, I don't have stress anymore, I don't have any anxiety now.
    I am happy spend my hard earn working money on shopping eg clothing, handbag and shoes instead or going out for a nice lunch with a few girlfriend instead.
    Their so much thing out their I can spend my money on.
    I feeling amazing now, we been quite busy with our house at the moment, their so much to do, my partner are amazing he did most of the work.
    I work so I only can help drop of kid to school and I off to work, but he still got another 10 day off leaves before he back to work. Hopefully he will finish before than, that would be great.
    A big thank you to all the support from this forums,
    Especially printemps & lovely cat lady you both are amazing to me, I couldn't do it without you both cos your support and your encouragement mean so much to me.
    And my wonderful partner that I love him more than my gamble life, that why I try my very best for him and the people I love in my life.
    1 x
    Menz199

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Congratulations on reaching 75 days @Anita44.
    I hope the home renos and painting are coming along well
    2 x
    Printemps

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:03 am

@Anita44

I'm good, thank you for asking :o

You've worked really hard, and deserve to feel great and be able to treat yourself! I'm s happy to hear our encouragement has been useful, but you're the one who's done the hard yards! And you've done it all while giving such amazing support to others here! Being able to see how far you've come and the positivity of your posts and how happy you sound has been such a privilege!

It sounds like your partner is smashing the renos, which is great! He seems like a really wonderful person to have in your life, and incredibly supportive!

I hope you're having a great Friday!
    1 x
    Anita44

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:44 pm

Day 76

Hi printemps
    Yes I think he will finish this weekend, as my day off tomorrow I will help him where ever he need me to do.
    Yeah I would describe my partner as a black diamond that rough at the edge, but he just the right person for me and I wouldn't change him, sometime he **** me, but over all his perfect match for my life.
    I feel great now, I don't worried if I have the urge either cos I am telling myself that I would not play again.
    Their more thing to do than just gamble.
    0 x
    Anita44

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:55 pm

Hi menz199

How are you doing?
    Thank you so much for your support.
    Yes renovating should be almost finish, I arrange flooring company come to see me tomorrow afternoon to give me the price.
    I have not see the house for a few days now, cos we stay at his parents house, while they aways for six weeks.
    I see photos he send to me, it's look very good.
    I can't wait to see everything finished.
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Day 77

Hi everyone
    Day off it's been great day, I just drop kids of birthdays party and help my partner inspect the wall make sure he on the right track haha.
    I just do the washing and put it away that all.
    Afternoon I just go get black forest cake from the cheese cake shop, my partner favourite we that for afternoon tea, that was nice, he appreciated little thing in life, which I was like about him.
    Life it's good without gamble
    3 x
    Anita44

Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:46 pm

Day 78

Hi everyone
    What a wonderful Sunday the sun is shining I still have a job, what else can I ask for?
    My partner just finish up the window flame now.
    Just got price from the flooring yesterday, the price not too bad, so we get that done very soon, I just want to get another 2 more price so I can compare each other.
    The house look amazing, when the floor go in its will look just like a brand new house inside.
    Work was ok today, have it moment so I'm not complaining.
    I was telling my partner that I will not gamble again and I was happy where my life now.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi @Anita44,

How are you?

Oh, how exciting! Sounds like the house mods are going really well. Yes, paint and new flooring can really work their charm in making a home look brand new. Good to hear you're able to stay with your in-laws in the meantime. Very soon you'll be enjoying your home's new look.

Incredible how positive things in our life's snowball into more positive things. Since you quit gambling, so many good things started snowballing into your life too. :D
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”