Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Sun May 16, 2021 11:52 am

Hi @Anita44,

It's Day 8 for you today, so congratulations on making it through your first week gamble free! Good job!

Keep us posted on your progress. :);
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun May 16, 2021 1:55 pm

Hi lovely cat lady and hi everyone how are you?
    Yes it'd day 8 I couldn't believe it's I make it one week now without pokies, everytime I feel a bit bored I just come check out this forum just nice to chat with other people have the same problem it's me n not judging me at all, I feel I'm not the only person make mistake in life and their never too late to make a change either .
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun May 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Yes, time flies hey. It's great to hear you're using the forums as a strategy to stay away from pokies. This is a safe space for everyone, and I'm really glad you're making the most of it. Absolutely, you're not alone in this journey. And yes, it's never too late to make a change. :);
    1 x
    Anita44

Mon May 17, 2021 3:37 pm

Day 9 feeling good today, up early water my rose garden, went shopping before work was very happy today.
    How every one here today?
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon May 17, 2021 4:03 pm

Hi @Anita44,

Sounds like you had a very lovely and productive morning before work. Good job! :D

Congratulations on reaching Day 9! One more day and you'll be into the double digits. :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Mon May 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Yes lovely cat lady one more day will be double digits, I feeling alots better compared to when I was play pokies, I feel sick after I loose all the time, now I get to enjoy my money other way instead and I don't let my family down that more important than anything else .
    1 x
    yep123

Tue May 18, 2021 8:19 am

hi @Anita44 ,

I hope all is well with your journey! Double digits for you!

I would like to ask, do you have any guilt when you spend your money now?

What are you techniques when you have pokies or negative thoughts about your past and why spend money on pokies?
    0 x
    TheTiges

Tue May 18, 2021 10:32 am

@Anita44 Woohoo double digits! That's very exciting! you should give yourself a massive pat on the back for getting this far!

@yep123 I just wnated to check in on how you're going today?
    0 x
    Anita44

Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 am

Day 10 yay hi everyone how are you all doing?

Hi yep123 I don't feel bad guilt spending money for treat myself eg like buying nice cloth , take my kids do cloth shopping or spend a night at nice resort, but I feel bad after I loose in pokies machine cos I know it's nothing to show for , but I just can't control myself when I start to play cos I don't know when to stop, I play until I don't have anymore money. If I work it's out how much I been put in last few years it's enough for deposits for a house, as I work six days a week all years round, my partner say to me , that I work 3 time harder than alots of people out their n he want me to get help n stop play so we can enjoy more family time together.
    For me I been thinking stop play a few month ago but I can't help just keep going back again n again , I don't want to let my partner down cos I know he stand by my side it's doesn't matter what happening as long as I try my best ever.
    I have to say I do thinking about pokies when I drive pass club or pub they have sign overside say dragon links etc that not helping at all, but I just have to think how much I love my family n I don't want to let them down .
    0 x
    Anita44

Tue May 18, 2021 11:48 am

Hi TheTiges how are you today, thanks I feel good today , I count everyday I wake up n excited to keep track of myself here, I'm try to proof that I can beat this addition, I know it's take alots of time I'm willing try, at the same time try to save my money back that will take for ever but oh well better than keep loosing it.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”