Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:48 pm

Hi menz199
    How are you doing?
    Thank you so much for your support.
    I hope we all can be stronger than ever after 100 day challenge.
    I feel alots stronger than I ever been, my partner able to make fun of me now, like he would say let go play pokies? I can say NO cos I am happy that I'm not play anymore .
    I am telling him that I feel proud of myself that I am not gamble anymore.
    1 x
    Menz199

Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:10 pm

I’m going great thanks for asking. Yes i hope we all stay stronger even after the challenge is over. I still plan on keeping track of how long. As I know that will help.
    2 x
    Anita44

Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:52 pm

Hi menz199 yes I was thinking the same as you too, I feel like this forum it's my second home now to be honest .
    So just let you know I'm not hurry to go anywhere yet , will be here for a while .
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:50 pm

Day 59 hi everyone
    It's a wonderful day, even those I was at work today.
    It's was a nice feeling knowing my business account was very healthy compare with 2 month ago I was struggling to paid bill.
    Only day 6 of this month I am already paid most of my bill until the end of the month .
    I am very proud of myself.
    0 x
    Anita44

Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:53 am

Day 60 yay hi everyone
    Very empress and very proud with myself , 2 month gamble free it's a big challenge for me.
    I only just able to start my saving last few week, even those it's only little bit put away each week but it's save.
    I start put extra money on our join account with my partner a bit more than before, and a bit more on my daughter account.
    That why my own saving account are very slow, but it's all worth it the end of the day.
    When first 4 weeks my partner been helping me paid our mortgage etc, as I only can concentrate to paid off the bill for my business and some grocery for home that all.
    I am sure every day will get easy for me. Gamble free it's save myself and family and my business .
    I couldn't thanks enough for the support from this forum, especially printemps & lovely cat lady all the encouragement and your compliments it's make me feel I am not along.
    60 day now I am will counting to 100 day gamble free soon.
    I am so happy that my urge are not their for a while now, but everyday I drive pass pub before and after work everyday that could tempting me anytime.
    I just have to learn and deal with it everyday life, I just have to think twice before I start gamble again, what consequences will I get into etc, that will make me STOP GAMBLE!!
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:49 am

Hi @Anita44,
    Day 60, congratulations for being two months gamble free!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
    Wow Anita, you're so organised with your savings. Good job!
    Oh, you're most welcome. It's been amazing to watch your journey and a joy to share the milestones/achievements with you along the way. :o :o
    At the end of the day, remember you've been the hero of your own story. You decided to take control and have done all in your power to ensure this positive change. I'm so glad you're very deservedly proud of yourself.
    And yes! Let the countdown begin! :D
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:06 pm

Day 61 hi lovely cat lady & hi everyone

It's a wonderful day, I went shopping before going to work this morning, wonder around furla store, end up treat myself an evening handbag from furla.
    I guess that was my 2 month treat from gamble free, I was thinking go buy another one tomorrow cos furla have amazing sale at the moment.
    I was compare when I was gamble I think they expensive, after I spend so much money on pokies I realise this is nothing.
    I was a bit late for work today, but it's ok cos as long as I'm their before lunch I'm all good.
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:11 pm

heya @Anita44 I know I'm a day late but good job on 60 days!

A new handbag is always a great buy! It's also such a nice little treat for yourself! It must be a totally different perception of money now you don't feel compelled to stash money for the pokies! I hope you've had a good evening! :o
    0 x
    Anita44

Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:48 pm

Hi printemps thank you so much , how are you been?
    Yes life it's great without gamble, was nice to live a normal life . I feel good and much stronger now.
    When I go shop for grocery etc I don't need to worried that I don't have enough money. I make sure all my bill to paid first and left over will be save up and my treat too lol.
    Everyday I wake up I feel bless & proud, it a real wake up for me.
    1 x
    Printemps

Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:36 am

I've been well, thank you for asking!

I can really hear that strength in your posts!

That sounds like a really sensible approach, if the bills are paid and the groceries bought, then you know that whatever happens you've got the important stuff covered! :D

I hope you're having a good day today!
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”