Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:12 pm

heya @Anita44 that's some really fantastic advice there!

It sounds like you have a lovely plan for the Black Friday weekend! I hope you get some lovely treats for yourself :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi printemps & lovely cat lady

How are you been?

Black Friday was great day out with all the girl, I bought a dyson vacuum and 2 set of Maxwell Williams dinner set and some clothing for my partner from Hugo boss all on special and I got skin care products from clinique brand for myself, which I never use their products before, now without gamble I can afford nice thing now.

We have wonderful lunch too, we all spend money, it's was a very happy girls day .
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:45 am

Hi @Anita44,

I've been great, thank you! :cool:

Oh, wow Anita! Well done on the shopping! Clinique is a beautiful brand. You will definitely enjoy their products. So glad to hear that you're able to pamper yourself with nice stuff instead of gambling. Definitely a bang for the buck. :D

It's so good you have such a nice group of girlfriend to go out shopping with and enjoy lunch together.

Any shopping planned for Cyber Monday? :);
    1 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);
    Printemps

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:38 am

hey @Anita44 how are you going? I am in total envy over the Dyson! I'm currently planning on getting one!
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:28 pm

Hi printemps and hi everyone here

How are you doing printemps??

It's been a while since I been away from here, so sad I didn't get to say good bye to lovely cat lady.

Dyson vacuum are great , light and very easy to use very powerful too, compare with the old one I have haha.

My life been amazing have not been gamble since I was very proud of myself, I spend around $3000 just on Xmas presents for my family, I been working 7 days just to catching up with my saving.

Now I am in a very happy and stable position and I will not let myself go back where I use to be again.

Next week on as kids going back to school, I will have my Saturday off every week now.

Life it's good without gamble 🥰😍
    1 x
    Printemps

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:51 pm

heya @Anita44 it's great to hear from you!

I've been well!

It's fantastic to hear that you've been going so well! I'm glad you were able to have such a lovely Christmas and it really sounds like you're in a fantastic place!

I hope some of our members see the happiness and joy in your writing and it is a motivation for them! :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi printemps

Yes I am very happy with my life right now, I been working very hard, I still thinking about pokies now and than, I promise myself I would not step in that place again. That why self exclusion are best way for me.
    I learn to let go of what I been loose. Start concentrate on how much can I save every week I work for instead, it's not a fast way but it's a very safe way to save my money.

Life it's good without gamble
    2 x
    Anita44

Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:15 pm

Hi everyone

How are you all doing today?

I been feeling good finally after 2 month I been work 7days a week, now I go back to 6days now, was nice able to have a day off each week.

My partner are very happy with me, cos I don't gamble anymore. 2 weeks ago just treat my a 18ct gold bangle, a pear of gold diamonds earing and a giant gemstone with 18ct gold pendant.

I am very proud of myself, all the hard work been done, now I start to enjoy myself and live a normal life.

I don't really keep track how many day I'm not gamble anymore, I just let it's flow.

If I can do it's , I'm sure you can too, just take one day at the time and be kind to yourself, just think you not alone in this journey, we all have out different as long as we give it our best, that good enough already.

2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:41 pm

Amazing work!! Keep it up! :D
    1 x
    Anita44

Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:59 pm

Hi printemps and Calvin and hi everyone here

How are you been printemps??

Sorry have not been here that often.

I been pretty good and keep myself very busy.

Works been a bit quite since qld and nsw flooded.

My partner said to me if I needed money for business I always use the join account, I telling him that I was ahead all my payments for my business so I don't need any extra money, it's was so nice of him to said that to me.

Big thanks to my wonderful partner that been keep an eyes on me haha.

Last few month I start taking up collecting coin, it's was interesting I was very into it, but it's can costly too, but still much better than gamble anyway, I was just don't want to go down that track again, I do think about pokies now and than, but I wouldn't go near their. Lucky with self exclusion that are help alots.

I start buying a few expensive jewellery too this years, cos I think it's a nice treat myself been gamble free .

1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”