Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:03 pm

Day 87

Hi lovely cat lady how are you doing?

Too quite at work I was end up getting bored instead, lucky the Olympics was still on that keep me busy.
    I might start a bit late tomorrow cos no point been here if not busy at all.
    Cos I want to cook for my family before I come to work, so he don't need to cook after hard day working around the house.
    I still ring around to get more quotes, sort of eyes opening for me, cos different companies companies they come with their workmanship warranty some are 12 month to 2yrs , 7yrs and 10yrs and the price are not much differences at all.
    One of the companies I was questioning him, why your company only warranty workmanship only 12 month, he was getting **** with me and he don't even email me his quote to me.
    But today I ring another company they sound more genuine, they warranty their product 25yrs and their workmanship 10yrs and they explained to me certain glue are not to use for residential cos it's can affect our health, a lots of company they use they cos they have so much in stock and they try to get rid of it they just do it at a cheap price.
    It's was so nice of him explain the difference for me, cos it's was my first time ring around get the price etc.

Feeling great now
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:49 pm

Hi @Anita44,

I'm doing good, thank you. :D

Sorry to hear work's been quiet for you, my fingers are crossed so Queensland (and Sydney) get out of lockdown as soon as possible. But yes, the positive is the Olympics are still going for a bit more. And that's another positive, might as well make the most of it and make dinner for your family before going to work. What are you cooking them?

Indeed, that's a big eye opener. Good on you for getting more quotes. I'm taking note too, that glue thing is important to know. Good job on finding that more genuine company. You know it's the right one when they can explain things like that in detail and without getting angry like the other guy.

Day 87, way to go! 13 days left, almost there. :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:01 pm

Hi lovely cat lady

Today I buy some pork scotch fillet and 2 whole chicken chop to pieces, I marinade with honey soy over night. Tomorrow I will cook jasmine rice and cook the pork and chicken up serve with mix vege, they all like that.
    I cook enough for lunch and dinner haha, we have alots of food at home too like frozen meal .
    We have two big fridge n freezer at our house, never been full before, but since I stop gamble, our grocery and frozen good are full at home.
    So they never run out of food to eat.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:37 am

Hi @Anita44,

Oh, yummy! And nutritious too, well done. :); Love the fact that the fridges are now always full. One more thing that has changed in a positive way as a consequence of not gambling. :D

Day 88 and only 12 days to go! :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:20 pm

Day 88 oh yeah

Hi lovely cat lady
    How are you doing?

Yes their alots of positive in me now, I start spend money for my family like no tomorrow, but I am happy to do that, they get alots of new clothes, new shoes almost every week, which they never get like that for many years now.
    Most of all I do treat myself with alots of nice handbags and shoes and clothes haha never end, but I love it.
    Now I want to spend a bit of money on new dinner set , which I keep my eyes from myer, cos they on special at the moment.
    My partner was very happy that I make dinner for him and the kids before I go to work, he just need to heat N eat easy.
    I feeling good too, cos at less I can help something better than nothing.

Feeling fantastic today.
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:19 pm

@Anita44 it's such a nice feeling being able to treat those we love!
    I totally get you with the handbags and shoes, they're my biggest weaknesses.

Hows your day been today?
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:38 pm

Day 89

Hi printemps
    How are you doing?

It's very quite today at work so I decide to come home early surprised everyone at home and I call my partner parents come over our place for bbq tonight.
    I was sit at work thinking, what the hell I am doing here, cos everyone home and it's very quite too.
    It's was nice been home early for change, the sun it shining here .
    It's was so nice been gamble free, I have more time and money to spend on my family instead.
    2 x
    Printemps

Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:13 pm

I'm good @Anita44 !

What a lovely way to spend your evening! It must have been so nice to actually spend some quality time with everyone! :o

Do you have much planned for the weekend?
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:13 pm

Hi printemps

I think we just work around the house, cos we still in lockdown.
    Yes it's was nice been home early for change, very rare I did that.
    I'm just relaxed and watch men hockey final right now.
    2 x
    Anita44

Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:51 pm

Day 90

Hi everyone

It's Friday yay off work tomorrow, can't wait, but still in lockdown so we can't go anywhere, other than stay home and work around the house instead.
    I was hope to do garden around the house instead.
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”