Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Day 82

Hi menz199 and hi everyone
    Wakeup this morning both my knees are still very sore.
    I telling my customer today about taking the carpets out and crape the underlay out, I said should be a criminal doing job like this haha
    I just take it easy at work another day, my partner was very tired today, he said he will having a beer from 3pm on haha
    It's was so nice been back to our house last night, inside the house look pretty much like brand new house.
    I just can't wait to see the new flooring done, probably another month or so. We still shop around to find the best deal.
    Thanks to my wonderful partner.
    1 x
    Printemps

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:15 am

@Anita44 ahh look after your knees! are you able to rest them a bit today?

It must be so lovely going into the house looking so new and fresh! Especially knowing how much hard work you've put into it!

How are you going today?
    1 x
    Anita44

Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Day 83

Hi printemps how are you doing?
    I am good thanks, still tired today haha,
    I work today, but I got tomorrow off, but I have to clean the whole house just try clean up the dust from taking carpet out, than after that I will oil the decking just finish up the handle will take half day to do that.
    Hmm I don't very do much with this, cos my partner do most of it. But I just feel more tired than him lol
    Yes it's was difference feeling, everywhere I look it's nice. We still have a few small area to do, but he said he can do it in his own time cos not a big job, but he got the main area all painted out already that was awesome.
    I can't wait finish work today, so I can go home relaxed.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:30 pm

@Anita44 I think it's fair to also feel tired haha, especially if you aren't used to doing that kind of work!

How is the tidying up going today? :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:19 pm

Day 84

Hi printemps how are you doing?
    Today my day off work, up at 6.30am, getting change have coffee while I start clean the whole house, clean all the window and door and vacuum the whole house.
    I finish at 12pm than I take 30 min lunch than continue oil the deck, my partner already did half of it 4 weeks ago, today just finished up.
    The house look very nice and clean now.
    My partner cook BBQ tonight that was nice, we have satay chicken, chicken wing, lamb chop and steak with 3 different salad, so much food, I was so hungry.
    Now I was so tired, all my body are sore again haha.
    Oh well at less all the hard work are done now, the rest of the job, my partner can do at his own time lol.
    I wanted to go shopping today, but I was busy so I can't go, now Brisbane and gold coast in snap lockdown until next Tues.
    Lucky I stay home than.
    But I'm still working tomorrow, but it's gonna be a bit quite.
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:46 pm

Day 85 yay

Hi everyone

We in lockdown south East Brisbane & Gold Coast, I am at work today, not that busy, I'm just take it easy.
    Still feel very tired but happy to get most thing done at home.
    Just watch the Olympics at work, very proud of Australian.
    It's a beautiful sunny day here.
    Only 15 day counting down to 100 day, feel amazing now.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:03 pm

Hi @Anita44,

Sorry to hear you're in snap lockdown, but I'm glad you're still able to work even if its not too busy. Sounds like the house is coming together very well, you and your partner have done an excellent job. Yes, Australia has been doing amazing in the Olympics. Any sport in particular you like watching?

Wow, day 85! I bet the remainder 15 days will go by in a blink of an eye. Congratulations for all the effort you've put in throughout your challenge and all the achievements you've made so far. :cool: The final sprint!!! Let the countdown begin... :D
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:52 pm

Hi lovely cat lady

How are you doing?

Oh the Olympics I like to watch almost everything when I turn the TV on, cos they all in different time so I watch when I can. I love watch swimming and girl soccer, running, girl basketball but sometime they play too late so I just have to go to sleep.

Yesterday my partner parents come to our house for dinner, cos they been away for six week, I was telling his mum that I have not been gamble the whole time they been away, she was very proud of me, I tell her that I don't have the urge and I don't want get addicted to pokies again. Cos I am very happy with my new me now
    2 x
    Anita44

Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:34 am

Day 86

Hi everyone

Lockdown extends to Sunday now, work been very quite, so I get to watch Olympics again lol.
    My partner take extra week off to finish up all little thing around the house, that was nice with the lockdown the kids all can stay home too, it's work out well.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:47 am

Hi @Anita44,

I'm very good, thank you. :); Oh no, sorry to hear about the lockdown being extended. But yes, at least there's still one more week of Olympics to watch (I'm a big fan too). :D

Really glad to hear your partner's mum told you she is proud of you. Its so important having the support of close friends and family. :o

You guys are smashing those home mods, it will all be done in a nutshell. :cool:

Kudos for reaching day 86!!! And only 14 days more to go, you go Anita!
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”