Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Anita44

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:37 pm

Hi lovely cat lady lady
    How are you doing?
    I am very good, thank you for asking.
    Yes my partner ring me not long ago, he finish with all the painting now, he just put thing together tomorrow, Tues I take 1 day off work help him take out the old carpets and we go with vinyl it's more modern look.
    So Tues will we knees down and start scap the old under lay off the wood floor and we can arrange flooring people come and do it for us instead.
    His parents come back from six week holiday this Thursday, so we move back to our house.
    They was very nice, his mum said if we didn't finish what we doing, we can stay longer cos they can stay at their grannyflat anyway. But we should we ok.
    Yes give up gamble it's the best ever. All the rest we can improve our lifestyles. Take one day at the time everything gonna be alright.
    1 x
    Anita44

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Day 79
    Hi everyone
    I been very busy at work today, cos I know I will have Tues off work just to help my partner take out the carpet, it's gonna be a hand and knee on all day job I think.
    I still wait for another flooring company come give us a price, so I can compare see which better deal they will give me.
    I am so excited can't wait to see the finish job.
    The house pretty much look almost brand new at the inside.
    Still gamble free since my challenge start and I am feeling amazing.
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:21 am

Ahhh I love the timing, you've got this wonderful new outlook on life and money, you've got wonderful newly renovated house. It must really feel like turning over a new page.

I hope that the carpet isn't too hard on your hands and knees, do you have pads to protect your knees?

You've reached day 80 which is so impressive! :o
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Day 80 waahooo

Hi printemps and hi everyone
    Yes my hand and knee are killing me haha, me and my partner we get it done within 4 and half hours.
    I don't know how people can do that did a job. I couldn't do that everyday.
    Maybe once every 10yrs it's ok haha
    We all move back home tomorrow now, the floor can do it the next few weeks.
    I was amazed my partner, I don't know how he can work like this all day, I couldn't do it like him.
    Yes I completely change from 80 days ago, for a better person for myself and my family. That why I wouldn't even wanted to play for fun or anything anymore.
    It's doesn't interest me cos the addiction can make us change real fast. So better don't go their.
    I start watching people play pokies on YouTube now, cos it's free to watch and I don't have anymore urge so I guess it's ok. I only watch now and than.
    I rather spend money for myself instead putting into pokies machine.
    Feeling proud and blessed.
    Life it's great without gamble.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:58 pm

Hi @Anita44,

What an amazing milestone in your gamble free journey. Very rightly deserved to be feeling proud of yourself. I'm sure your family and your partner are also very proud of you. :o :cool:
    Moving back tomorrow to your renovated home seems like a timely reward for this achievement.

Congratulations on reaching day 80/100!!! :D
    1 x
    Menz199

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:29 pm

Congratulations on reaching day 80 @Anita44, sounds like the Reno’s are coming along nicely.

That’s great to hear that you’ve lost interest, it means your brains replaced the gambling with other things which is fantastic.

Watching gambling video might be ok, but just be aware of any triggers that may pop up.

Otherwise Way to go, you’ve accomplished so much since you started your journey 😀
    2 x
    Anita44

Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:59 pm

Day 81

Hi lovely cat lady
    How are you doing?
    Yes back home today after work, my partner already clean, mop and washing all the sheet and put back for his parents and he take all our clothes etc home.
    My partner are amazing, I couldn't ask for a better men in this life 😍
    All my body are sore from yesterday work, just take it easy at work today.
    Can't wait go back to our house tonight.

Hi menz199
    How are you doing?
    Yes I know about relapse etc, but I don't think it's will happen again, cos I put most of my hard earn money into our join account, I only keep a little bit for myself to spend that all. I am happy where I am now, cos it's work for me.
    Thanks for you support
    Congratulations to you too, you almost make it 100 day of your challenges soon.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi @Anita44,
    I'm doing great, thanks! Very happy to be out of lockdown and ready for my weekend to begin tomorrow, hehe. :o
    That's fantastic, you must be sooo excited. It's really nice of your partner to have taken care of all that. Very lucky you found someone that's a good fit for you, and he's been a wonderful support for you in this journey. :);
    Oh, Anita, I can imagine. It was a massive job you guys did yesterday. Hope work is going well and not too hectic.
    Any plans or thoughts yet for celebrating the end of your challenge? :D
    Day 81 - nearly there. :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi lovely cat lady
    Oh that great new than, it's make such a difference been able to go out and do thing.
    I am feel sorry for nsw look like they will continue lockdown extra 4 weeks, must drive people insane but what can you do, you know what I mean?
    Celebrating 100 day challenge I'm not sure yet, cos in qld we still wear mask and check in where ever we go.
    Plus we gonna spend around $6000 on our new flooring for our house, but I don't might take my partner out for dinner some where nice, cos he been working very hard last few weeks.
    1 x
    Menz199

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:53 pm

Hi @Anita44
    I'm great thanks
    That's great your aware, you've made great progress, you've just got to keep going . :D

That's ok, and I thank you for support on my 100 day challenge. I really appreciate it. :D

Yes it's very close now.
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”