Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi @Anita44,

Good to hear you had a blast shopping with your girlfriend. :cool:

Congrats on your Day 43! Almost halfway... and congrats on starting to build up savings as of this week!
    1 x
    Anita44

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:53 pm

Day 44 hi lovely cat lady & hi everyone here

Feeling bless today, I was busy shopping with all the sale this morning than late for work lol, but I was very happy that I can afford to buy gifts for my family in New Zealand, that I will send over next week.
    Which I have not done that for many years, cos I keep gamble all my hard earn money.
    Feeling proud that I am shop when and where ever I want now, the feeling of that I have not have so many years now.
    Thanks again for all the support from this forum here is lovely cat lady and printemps
    and my wonderful partner that always by my side.
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:45 am

heya @Anita44 it would be such a wonderful feeling being able to get some nice things for your family! Just being able to do little things like gifts are huge reminders of how far you've come!

it means so much to hear that we've been at least a little useful haha! We're always here for you!

How're you today?
    1 x
    Anita44

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Day 45 hi printemps I am very good thank you so much.
    I still think you both been a big help for me, I start appreciate my life now and I hope to stay that way.
    I noticed yesterday I was on the way to work, I have a little urge drive pass the club, I was thinking like what the h ell, than I think cos now I don't have any big bill to paid and I have a little bit of cash on my hand , that what make me have the urge . Than I keep remaining myself that place are not good for me, I rather spend on shopping for thing I needed instead.
    A few day ago I thought that my urge was gone, but now I know the urge will come on more often when I have the cash I think.
    It a great challenge for the journey for me.
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:45 pm

@Anita44 You're making a really great point here. Urges don't just disappear over night, it can take time for them to totally subside, and for some people they might not. But we can get better at managing them! The fact that you're able to recognise the urge, and also rationalise why it's happening I.E having no more bills and more money in your pocket, is really great growth. By being able to recognise that this will be a challenge, you can set yourself up better to cope with it when it does rear its head! :o
    2 x
    Anita44

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:49 pm

Day 46 yay hi everyone

Another good day, I been telling my partner last night that I don't have anymore big bill to paid now, as from this week I will start save a bit of money each week, it's was great cos we start renovation our house next 3 weeks too, for me not been gamble that a big help for our family, He was very proud of me.
    Just do a bit of grocery before going to work was great.
    Feeling very relax today.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi @Anita44,

Wow, Day 46! You go girl! Almost at 50% of your Challenge and smashing through it. :cool: :cool:

That's so awesome, Anita. You most feel so wonderful and proud of yourself. Congratulations on beginning to make some savings! House renovation, one more excellent motivation for you to keep on track.

Really happy for you. Hope all goes well at work today. :);
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:47 pm

Day 47 yay almost half way of my challenge now.
    Hi lovely cat lady how are you doing? thank you so much for your compliments & encouragement it's mean alots to me.
    It's so nice to be able to enjoy live a normal new life.
    I been work it our it's doesn't how much I shop, I am still not going broke, but with pokies addition are make me broke and time wasted but as addicted at the time I didn't see or care who next to me that hurt the most.
    Now I am a completely different person, everyday I wake up I was happy that I am finally quit gamble for good.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi @Anita44,

I'm good, thanks. How's your day going?

And you're most welcome. It's a true pleasure following your progress: the penny dropping on the negative consequences that pokies were bringing into your life and you taking control over it. It's amazing to see how you've come such a long way into your new normal life and how happy it makes you all of the positive things that have occurred since quitting it.

Day 47, approaching the milestone of reaching halfway of your challenge. :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi lovely cat lady I am great thank you, work been a bit quite, but I get to chat with my family in New Zealand that was nice.
    Yep I think I learn to let go with what ever I lost in the pass and concentrate the present instead.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”