Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: This is my 2nd day, try to get my life back again

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi Anita,

Congrats on reaching Day 32! Way to go! Seems like you're really enjoying this new normal life. :cool:

That's a major change, from having the urge to stop at the pub to not even glimpsing at the carpark. :D

How do you think you will maintain this new normal so you don't go down that road again? What are things you've learned during this journey that have work for you in case urges do come back at some point in the future?
    1 x
    Anita44

Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:46 pm

Hi lovely cat lady always plan ahead before my day off, I start planning girl day out shopping lunch etc more regularly, cos all my girl friend they not gamble which help me alots, I start play badminton in next 3 weeks. I try to treat myself little thing more often, cos compare with gamble it's nothing.
    It help alots that I work 6 days a week so I make sure I go to work and not go gamble during work hours.
    I always want to stop gamble but I try myself it's only last for 2 week and I go back to square one again.
    I hate myself been broke and the stress I have it intense and most of all I'm more worried I will loose my business which I don't want that to happened.
    I just have to tell myself if I have a opportunity to change my life to a better life, I won't go back again. My determination this time are very strong I have to say.
    No one change me unless I wanted to change myself and with the support from you lovely cat lady It's been amazing with this journey.
    0 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:22 am

Day 33 oh yeah hi everyone here, I am very happy this morning , it my last day at work , off to North Stradbroke tomorrow with my partner for 3 day, will be a bit cold but will be lovely sunny day those.
    It's been awhile now that I have 3 day off, I can't remember when the last time I have off that long. Usually 1 day or 2 day it's the most.
    2 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:06 pm

@Anita44 Have an amazing time in North Stradbroke! Three days off in the sun sounds like a dream right now! Also such a great way to celebrate how far you've come the past few weeks!
    1 x
    Anita44

Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi printemps yes it's a little celebration been gamble free, was quite nice actually I just need to pack my clothes that all, the rest my partner will sorted it all out for me. Look like he more excited than me lol.
    0 x
    Menz199

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am

I know I’m late in saying this but congratulations on reaching 1 month @Anita44 :D
    Hope you’ve had a good week, sounds like an exciting weekend planned. I hope the weather is nice.
    3 x
    Anita44

Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:23 pm

Day 34 hi menz199 thank you so much, yes the weather was nice no rain at all. We pack and really to go soon.
    You did well too, I be followed you to 100 day lol
    I am so relaxing today, no more stress.
    2 x
    Anita44

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi everyone I was at Stradbroke hotel pub, during we was sit around 40 people and I can hear all the young boy, which I mean they only 18 to 21 yrs they was talking about pokies online, the first think in my mind was omg they don't know what they get themselves into for a long run. But it's not my place to say oh gamble are not good for you.
    I am come back to my room early instead and I am happy to settle in early night.
    2 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:27 am

@Anita44 It's hard to hear people discussing these things knowing all the consequences, but you're right it isn't your place, they will unfortunately have to work out for themselves the negatives. How was your early night? have you been able to get some well earned rest?
    0 x
    Anita44

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:46 pm

Day 35 hi printemps how are you doing?early night was good, we have a very busy day, have a bbq at the beach, when for a drive at the beach with out 4dw for hour that awesome. Lovely dinner in the evening , life was good I couldn't ask for more.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”