Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 but feeling determined

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Menz199

Re: Day 0 but feeling determined

Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:06 pm

Thanks @Lovely Cat Lady I appreciate it. Yes eventually I will probably do both, just ideas for now, but great ideas.

Ah, now when I did see the physiologist last, that unfortunately was the same day I had my disagreements with my former boss. I saw him straight after the physiologist. So unfortunately most of what the physiologist and I discussed went straight out the window shortly afterwards.

It was just an unfortunate circumstance, and I kind of laugh at it now, as I said to George the other day.

I’m trying to help myself in one way, battling with my anxiety, but also had another battle to deal with at the time. While I spent most of that afternoon a bit dazed and confused on whether I was making the right choice and mistake, I know now that I have made the right decision.

So thankfully that the work situation is sorted, now I can focus on my social anxiety problems.

I hope that makes sense.
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:14 am

@Menz199 That makes perfect sense! Those really big decisions can take a bit of time to process, especially when you have other battles going on at the same time.

It really does sound like its been the right decision. I hope you have the space no to focus on your anxiety.

I just want to say that being able to hear the positivity in your voice now is really inspiring! Keep up the good work!

Also mountain biking sounds amazing. :o
    1 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:04 pm

Thanks @Printemps

Another average day at work but otherwise ok.
    I managed to go for a 30 minute walk after work before it got too cold which was great.

I also cooked dinner for the first time in ages, normally I’d just have frozen meals/food.

I cooked a nice omelette which unfortunately fell apart, so I had scrambled eggs on toast for dinner. But I give myself points for trying and am keen to try and do more cooking.

Day 67 feeling great and keen to do more cooking.
    2 x
    Printemps

Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm

@Menz199 A home cooked dinner is great, and scrambled eggs on toast are really a perfect meal!

What do you have i mind to try cook soon?
    0 x
    Menz199

Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:06 pm

@Printemps hmmm, not sure, something simple to start with. Not really sure, but I’ll think of something.

Last few days have been good, although the weekend calls for rain so, a stay at home weekend it will be most likely.

Otherwise works still going good, I’ll be working till late tonight. Already starting to feel a bit tired lol.

@Lovely Cat Lady i haven’t heard from you in a while, hope everything is well with you.

Day 70 only 30 days to go :D
    0 x
    Menz199

Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:56 pm

Hey everyone
    Today was a quiet day it was raining all day today so couldn’t really do much outside.

Just mainly watched tv and relaxed.

But otherwise working again until around 1am, more rain tomorrow so another day relaxing.

Day 71 feeling good
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi @Menz199,

I'm good and I'm back now, thanks for asking/wondering! :);

How did it go with the pscyh? Hope it went well.

Congratulations on reaching Day 72! This is really a countdown now, isn't it?
    0 x
    Anita44

Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:14 am

Hi menz199
    How are you doing? Hope the weather getting better for you their, it's nice and sunny here now, but it's cold most day.
    Congrats you almost 100 days soon counting down yay and I will following you too.
    1 x
    Menz199

Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:19 pm

Hello @Lovely Cat Lady
    Yes the physiologist went great, he’s been very helpful and I’m slowly put strategies in place to combat my social anxiety.

Thanks for ongoing support @Anita44, I really appreciate it :D
    Yes the weather has improved.

Yes 100 days gamble free is approaching very quickly for both of us. Keep up the great work.
    3 x
    Menz199

Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:32 pm

Day 74 woah, almost three quarters of the way through , the finish line is slowly coming into view. Where on earth does time go, it’s almost halfway through the week.

Otherwise another great day, slowly thinking about more goals I’d like to achieve. Otherwise today and yesterday I went for a half hour walk after work before it got too cold which was great. I aim to continue that and when I get enough motivation I’ll start running. I know I said that I’d run in the mornings but my beds too comfortable and warm 😂 lol. Small steps but becoming more focused.

I said to myself last week, no junk food for a week. Especially no chocolate. So far so good and eating a bit more fruit now which was great.

I was tempted this morning though, I spied a packet of chocolate biscuits at the back of the pantry that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I told myself no and closed the pantry before I could give it a second thought :D.

So all in all, I’m having a great week, aside from the Covid situation of course, but I’m doing my best not to think about it too much, a bit hard though when everywhere you turn there’s always news about it. Especially social media.

Day 74- almost 3/4 of the way there go me. I’m really proud of how far I’ve come. :D :D
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”