Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 but feeling determined

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Menz199

Re: Day 0 but feeling determined

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks @Printemps, how’s your week going?

My Tuesdays going good thanks, taking a short break at the moment.
    Works been good so far.

Day 60- feeling great, where does the time go, I can’t believe it’s been nearly 2 months since I started this challenge.
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:28 pm

@menz199 My week's been good, I've been busy with work and study, thank you for asking :o

Wow, two months have really flown by! It's a really fantastic achievement! It's been a real privilege seeing your growth throughout this journey! You've done so much in a really short amount of time! Keep up the perseverance! ;);
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:20 pm

That’s great @Printemps, thanks so much for your ongoing support, I really appreciate it.

I really appreciate your support also @Lovely Cat Lady .
    2 x
    Menz199

Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:54 am

Hey all
    Still going strong, the last few days have been mostly uneventful and slow but otherwise work has been ok.

The sun is finally out for the first time this week, so it’s a beautiful day, fingers crossed it stays around for the weekend.

I was thinking of planning a trip for next month to celebrate the big 100 (will depend on the COVID situation) but will be great to plan something big.

Not much planned for the weekend at this stage aside from working tomorrow evening.

Day 63 still going strong :D
    2 x
    Printemps

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:21 pm

hey @Menz199 a celebration for you 100 days is a great idea!

Where are you planning on heading to?

I hope this Covid situation clears and you're able to get out and celebrate!
    0 x
    Anita44

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:44 pm

Hi menz199 how are you going? congrats over 2 months gamble free.
    You must be feeling proud and stress free now.
    Well you get to see the sun at your end, it's so much rain still to come today, tomorrow and Sunday lovely lol.
    Well we plan to stay home anyway, cos of the covid 19.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend 😊
    1 x
    Menz199

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:02 am

Hello everyone

Well the Vivid Sydney (A massive light show) starts the weekend im due to hit the big 100. So a weekend away in Sydney doing that would be great, all depends on the COVID situation though. Otherwise a weekend away somewhere, would be great, I might ask a friend to tag along. Well have to wait and see though.

Hi @Anita44, yes I am really proud of myself, I changed a lot and I’m a lot more positive about things since stopping. Not entirely stress free though, as I still have a couple of debts to pay back, but chipping at that week by week and they are slowly getting smaller.

Sorry to hear your not having nice weather. Thanks for your support.

Today was a great day, caught up on all my washing as it’s been raining all week, so it’s been piling up and caught up on bookwork.

I’m at work at the moment and have been since 6:30pm, I’ll probably finish around 2, I’d rather not do any night shifts at all, but trying to keep the new boss happy and I don’t mind the extra money. Works been alright so far.

I might go out for some photography tomorrow, depends on how I feel and what time I get out of bed, probably not before 11 at this stage.

Otherwise very happy overall and I’m going back to the physiologist next week, so continuing to achieve goals.

Thanks for your continued support guys I really appreciate it, I hope I don’t bore you by repeating myself.

Day 64- feeling fantastic
    4 x
    Menz199

Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:21 pm

A mostly quiet day today, didn’t get up until 11:30 and spent most of today watching tv (mainly YouTube and Stan)

I initially did want to go out but lacked the motivation. I did eventually to out and did some grocery shopping but that was it.

Otherwise looking forward to the week ahead, fingers crossed the COVID situation improves.

Day 65 uncertain but optimistic about the week ahead.
    2 x
    Menz199

Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:46 pm

Day 66 inching closer to 70 days, man this is going quick.

Today has been a great day so far. Works been good, had a good nights sleep, looking forward to Wednesday to when I can see the psychologist again.

Thinking again about the 100 day goal, I was thinking that if travel isn’t possible, As a backup goal, Id like to buy a new push/mountain bike. I used to ride my bike a lot when I was a kid and it be great way to get exercise.

Now If travel is possible in August then I will still buy a new bike just later down the track.

I went away on holidays with my family back in March and we hired bikes and cycled everywhere, was tough at the start but was thoroughly enjoying it by the end of the trip. I did feel fitter and was thinking about buying one but, alas the gambling beast was woken back up after I got back from the trip and I fell apart again, but the idea is alive again. :D Just got to put money aside first.

Day 66 was a bit colder this morning but it’s a beautiful sunny day.

I hope your well @Printemps
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:53 pm

Hi @Menz199,

Day 66?!?!?! :eek: Soooo close to Day 70!!! Love you're planning your 100 Days celebration, shows how determined and confident you are of achieving your goal. Go you! :cool:

The push/mountain bike sounds like a fantastic idea, it is indeed a wonderful exercise. It's so great you're setting yourself goals for the future. I'm sure you'll eventually due both the trip and the bike.

Oh, how great that you have the psychologist appointment within days. Any strategies/tools you've learned there that could help others here?

:);
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”