Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 but feeling determined

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: Day 0 but feeling determined

Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:09 pm

Hi @Menz199,

Very deservedly feeling proud of yourself. I love that you're already thinking of your next goals, such as increasing your amount of daily exercise and eating healthier. They do say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". ;);

You've also mentioned wanting to work on your social anxiety. Do you think there are things in the way you've been able to engage and connect with the members of this community that you can use and implement to reduce your social anxiety when interacting with people in your daily life? :);

Congratulations on reaching Day 75!!! How exciting you've reached 3/4 of your 100 Day Challenge. :cool: :cool: :cool:
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:05 pm

WOW @Menz199 What an incredible achievment!! Almost at 100 day mark! What are you going to do to celebrate?
    0 x
    Menz199

Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:36 pm

Well @Calvin (facilitator) , depending on the Covid situation, a nice weekend away. Was meant to be to Sydney, but that’s definitely a no-go zone for now.

Well have to wait and see. Otherwise as a backup, I want to buy new push bike.

I’ll reply to your message tomorrow @Lovely Cat Lady, after some rest, I’m very tired. I’ll also recap the last couple of days in the morning.

Hope your well @Lovely Cat Lady.

Day 77 going good still.
    2 x
    Menz199

Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:53 am

Day 78, the countdown's really on now, not too much longer and I'll be saying less than 20 days. This going crazy fast.

So the last few days have been interesting to say the least. On Wednesday I had a thief come and steal things from work which was really frustrating. Otherwise that day was alright, just frustrated.

On Thursday I was feeling sick so I went and got a Covid test and have been stuck at home in my bedroom ever since. (I live in shared accommodation with others, I have been able to catch-up on a few things which is great it is nice to just relax a bit.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:23 pm

@Menz199 less than 20 days, it must seem a bit surreal!

I'm sorry to hear that someone stole from your work, that is incredibly frustrating. I hope it wasn't anything too valuable!

Oh the joys of a Covid test! At least you've been able to get somethings done around the house! Are you feeling a bit better now?
    0 x
    Menz199

Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:32 pm

No it wasn't anything too valuable but none the less frustrating, Yes I'm feeling better, I was never really that sick to begin with, mainly just cold symptoms, but In my line of work, I deal directly with the public so I wasn't taking any chances.
    Otherwise just a relaxing day today, they said it can take up to 72 hours for results so I'm still waiting. Hopefully the all clear comes tomorrow and I can go out and do more photography. This was meant to be my weekend to go out and do stuff (I've given away the Saturday night shift, not sure if I've mentioned that this week) but got to do the right thing and stay put and wait for results.

Day 78 - feeling great again, despite the current situation.
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Hi @Menz199,

How are you today, feeling better I hope? :o

Sorry to hear about the robbery, soooo frustrating. Might be the whole lockdown uncertainty what sadly pushes people into desperate situations... Glad to hear you're okay tho, that's the main thing. :); Sounds like you had an entertaining week overall?

Hopefully you get your test results anytime now, I've heard they're being pretty good with times.

Day 79!!! :cool:
    0 x
    Menz199

Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:40 pm

Yes @Lovely Cat Lady it has been an interesting week overall. Thankfully my results came back today, negative I am happy to say.
    I was very happy and relieved, so I was able to do washing, groceries and catch up with a few people in the evening. So was a fairly productive day overall. :D

Yes I'm ok and as you said, this lockdown/ uncertainty over what's happening, things like rules changes that frequently it can be hard to keep up. So it more than likely it is causing panic for some people. I myself am worried, but just like I am doing with this challenge. Reminding myself to take things one day at a time helps.

Unfortunately not much more we can do but do the right thing and follow the rules.

Otherwise feeling good about this next week ahead, I'm taking tomorrow off work to go out and do some photography, provided the weathers nice of course. The forecast looks good for it. This weekend was meant to be my weekend for photography but was stuck in my room/house for most of it. But hey no point get frustrated over it. I'll try and some next weekend as well.

Day 79 - Feeling grateful that my result came back negative and looking forward to the week ahead.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi @Menz199,
    Good to hear the test results are in, and negative. :);
    So true, it's hard to keep up with restrictions constantly changing. However, I'm really glad you're able to keep working despite the circumstances. That's probably one of the most anguishing part of lockdowns for the majority. But like you said, best thing to remember is to take it one day at a time. Agree, unfortunately all we can do is the right thing and follow the rules. And be patient, which is way easier said than done.
    Hope the weather is being nice over there and you're able to enjoy a great photography session. :cool:
    Day 80 - only 20 days to go... :D
    0 x
    Menz199

Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Well ‘Patience is a virtue’ as the saying goes. Hopefully things get better soon.

I hope your ok @Lovely Cat Lady and @Printemps (I think he's mentioned he’s in Melbourne as well, forgive me if I’m wrong) it’s only the 2nd lockdown for NSW but this will be your 5th, I do think about you guys and how frustrating it can be.

Anyway today was great day. Was a bit lazy to start with but bought a couple of things that I’ve been wanted to buy for a little while. Treated myself to buying lunch, something I tend to indulge in too often, but I’ve cut back and see it more of a treat.

Then went toward Nelson Bay and had a very enjoyable and relaxing afternoon exploring and taking photos. I am slightly tired after all the walking and also hiking up a mountain and back, but it was worth it. The weather wasn’t the best, but I’m not complaining.

Looking forward to having my weekly catch-up with George soon.

So all in all, a fantastic day, aside from my laziness at the start.

A great way to spend Day 80
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”