Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 but feeling determined

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: Day 0 but feeling determined

Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:40 am

Hi @Menz199,

Good to hear things are going great. :D

#WinterIsHere, hope you're able to keep warm. :cool:

Time for hot beverages: chocolate, coffee, whatever is your cup of tea. :o
    1 x
    Menz199

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:45 pm

Hello everyone
    Another good day, still at work, but getting close to knock off time.

What’s your go to hot drink for winter. @Lovely Cat Lady, I love a good hot chocolate or a hot Milo.

How’s your week going?

Works been good and very busy this week. Although being Wednesday, I’m looking forward to the weekend already. Lol

I finally did something on Monday night that I’ve been wanting to do for a very long time. I told my friend, the one thats very close to me. That I normally see on Mondays.

(For simplicity sake, from now on I’m going to call him George whenever I refer to him)

I finally told him my story of my gambling problem, I did mention earlier on here that I wanted to tell him at some point.

He was nothing but supportive and helpful and I will forever grateful to be able to call him a friend.
    I know I’ve done things pretty well on my own so far, but it’s nice to have an extra person for support if I need it :D

Day 54 -weeks still going great, pretty happy with work at the moment. Things are great at the moment.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:16 am

Hi @Menz199,

Week's been going good thanks. :o My hot drink for winter (and all of the seasons of the year really, LOL) is coffee. Then I switch to tea throughout the day so I don't have more coffees than I should. Love a cuppa of Milo but I have to "chose my battles" with chocolate. Bit of a sweet tooth. :);

Glad to hear work is busy and going good. Not too long now, almost the weekend. :cool:

Wow, congratulations! Good on you for telling your mate George. So wonderful to hear he was supportive and helpful. It's so great that he's now in on this with you. Definitely amazing to have an extra person for support. Really really happy for you about this. :D

Day 55 today! Seems like this is going to become a countdown onward. :cool:
    1 x
    Menz199

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:53 pm

Aha, it’s seems @Lovely Cat Lady we have the same problem haha. :D I have a bad sweet tooth, I love chocolate and find it very hard to say no sometimes. It’s also hard to say no to icecream too for me, whenever I go grocery shopping, I always go and see what’s on special in the ice-cream part. Most of the time I will leave will leave with ice cream. :p

Otherwise work was great, I did stay back a bit later and am very tired but hey, tomorrow’s Friday and the weekend is near.

Day 55- yes I suppose the countdown now begin ha. This week has been great.
    1 x
    Menz199

Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 pm

Hi everyone
    Most of this morning was running errands and didn’t start work till lunchtime.

Still at work probably here for another hour or so, pretty slow at the moment, keen for for knock off time so I can go to bed.

Otherwise today’s been good, I was a bit flustered as I was not sure whether I’d get all my errands done, but I did.

Day 56- looking forward to the weekend. Would love to do some more photography if the weathers nice.
    2 x
    Printemps

Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:45 am

@Menz199 How's Saturday shaping up for you?

I hope the weathers a bit better for you, here it's pretty overcast and chilly!

I totally hear you about getting flustered with the errands, I hate having to do lots of important little jobs in a rush because my mind is all over the place and I always end up missing something!
    0 x
    Menz199

Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi everyone
    My weekend was good, I did have to work Saturday night until 2am so my weekend was mostly uneventful.
    Spent a good half of Sunday catching up on sleep.

I’m a little worried about the whole COVID situation in NSW flaring up again, but otherwise ok. Hopefully we can stay on top it.

Work is a bit slower because of it, but still thankful I have a job. Just have to push through this as best I can without straying off the path.

Still having the occasional dreams about the pokies but they are slowly becoming less frequent thankfully.

Day 59 going good despite the current situation
    2 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:37 pm

Hi @Menz199,

Good to hear things are good despite the current situation. Stay safe!

Oh, interesting to hear about the occasional pokies dreams. Why do you reckon they're becoming less frequent?

Day 59! I feel time is flying by so quickly... Kudos!
    0 x
    Menz199

Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:54 pm

Yes the time is flying by day 60 tomorrow :D

The dreams are becoming less frequent because of the length of time I’ve stopped gambling and are slowly being replaced by other thoughts.

Today was a good day, work was reasonable, better than what expected actually, let’s hope the week continues to be good.

Day 59 feeling better :D
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:45 am

it's good to hear the dreams are becoming less frequent. You've probably heard this already but dreams are the brains way of working through our subconscious thoughts. Your brain must be working through all your thoughts from the day and processing them out.

I'm glad to hear works been good as well! Hows your Tuesday going?
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”