Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 but feeling determined

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: Day 0 but feeling determined

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:10 am

heya @Surrysydney I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a rough night. I know that a night like that takes a massive toll, but good on you for reaching out for support, it can be really difficult to actually vocalise what;s going on so it's great you've reached out.

I would really recommenced calling Gamblers Helpline on 1800 858 858. They provide 24/7 phone counselling and also can refer you onto services local to you. you might also want to have a look through some of the success stories on here, a lot of people have posted tips that have worked for them, which might be helpful for you. Have you spoken to your partner about what happened? It can be daunting telling others, but having people around you who can support you is really helpful. Keep reaching out on here, we're here for you
    0 x
    Menz199

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi all
    Hi @Surrysydney do as @Printemps suggests and ring the helpline, not sure what else else to suggest, other than, take a look a some of the other stories on here, you'll see that your not alone and were all here to help you.

Thanks @Printemps today was a great day, I didn't go out exploring but the weather was nice. I had a surprise visit from some relatives of mine and we went out for dinner, so was a very nice evening.

Otherwise the boss has asked me to work tomorrow so unfortunately my weekend has finished already. Since I have to work Monday anyway I think I might take next Friday off and have a nice long weekend then, depends on how work goes.

Day 42- despite my weekend being cut short, still feeling good.
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:54 pm

Hi @Menz199,

How are you going?

How's work going for you on Sunday? Taking next Friday off sounds like a good idea.

Any thoughts yet on possible weekend destinations for some nature and landscape photography? :cool:

Also, today is Day 43!!! Where are the weeks going so fast? ;);
    1 x
    Menz199

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:12 pm

Hi @Lovely Cat Lady I'm great thanks for asking.

I hope your well, I haven't heard from you for a while.
    Work was great, was very busy so went my day very quickly.

I might be going down to Sydney weekend, to catch up with some friends of mine, so maybe somewhere around Sydney, maybe Bondi or Manly. I've seen Sydney Harbour a few too many times, so probably not there. Otherwise not too sure on locations, mind you, last Saturday when I did go out exploring I did find a couple of locations that were great on the central coast that I would like to go back to.

I know 5 weeks already, it's going pretty fast, almost 1/2 way there which will be great.

Day 43 - Looking forward to the week ahead, aside from work tomorrow, more than likely it will be pretty slow being a public holiday, but well see.
    0 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:04 am

Hi @Menz199,

I'm well, thanks! Just trying to keep warm in Victoria since #WinterIsHere. :cool:

That's nice, work does seem to go by quicker when you're busy.

Oh, Sydney weekend sounds fun! Wow, nice. Yes, the central coast has many gorgeous places to explore. Plenty of options for you to choose.

That's right, you're almost half way your challenge, Day 44 today!!! Planning to celebrate next weekend?

Hope work's not too slow today for you with the public holiday, or that it at least goes by fast. :D
    1 x
    Menz199

Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 pm

I hope @Lovely Cat Lady your no where near any of that flooding, keeping dry and yes it can be a mission to keep warm sometimes.

Yes work was reasonably busy this morning, it went pretty quiet in the afternoon, but it went better than I expected so overall was a good day,

Yes plenty of options, would love to plan another trip to Melbourne sometime if it ever returns to normal. I went there last year for a couple of weeks and loved the place. So many things to see and do and the tram network made it an absolute breeze to get around.

Yes nearly 1/2 way there, haven't thought about celebrating, but mind you I didn't think it would go that fast.

Thank you again for your support, I don't know what I do without you or any of the great team of mods/facilitators on here. :D

Day 45 -weeks off to a good start so far
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:32 am

@Menz199

Hopefully you'll be able to get down here soon! Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope things settle down.

I'm so glad to hear you've found this space useful, it's been amazing to see your growth and determination. You've come so far and should be so proud of yourself.

Hows Tuesday shaping up?
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:55 pm

Thanks @Printemps I appreciate it, in the past I have kept journals, but they didn’t last for long, as I lost interest.

The thought of keeping a journal never appealed to me, hence loosing interest quickly. Probably because I wasn’t 100% committed to stopping gambling. But on this journey as I plan to beat this addiction head on this time for hopefully good and with a clearer mind and a more positive attitude.

I’m enjoying writing these entries, it’s good to be able to look back and see how far I’ve come. But the best part is reading your replies and getting advice from you guys and reminding me that I’m not alone in this fight.

I am very proud of myself, 46 days ago, I didn’t think it was possible, I thought I was going to be stuck in the gambling void forever, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Today was great, work was very busy, haha every time I went back to keep typing some more here, another job would come up and wanted to come back to it, but never did.

Day 46- weeks continuing to be great :D
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:05 pm

Hi @Menz199,

Thanks! I'm fortunately away from the flooding... yeah, keeping warm is becoming and everyday mission. :D

Oh, Melbourne... makes two of us waiting for it to return to its "new normal", hehe.

Ha, well, no need for a big celebration. Maybe just a quick nature photography session? Save the big celebration for Day 100. ;);

Journaling is a great tool! Sometimes it can seem daunting committing to write in it daily, but it doesn't have to be daily.

Food for thought: how do you think journaling has been helping you throughout your 100 Day Challenge? And what do you think you've been doing differently this time than the previous attempts that's working differently for you now?

Day 46! Wow, getting there slowly but steady. Good job! :cool:
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:25 pm

@Menz199 I just wanted to check in and see how your days been?
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”