Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 but feeling determined

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Menz199

Re: Day 0 but feeling determined

Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:57 pm

Hello all
    Still here and going strong up to 162 days now,

Finally there is light at the end of the tunnel with lockdowns coming to an end on Monday :D So finally things will go to some sort of normal soon. Still in the same job, hoping to hear some good news soon.

Will plan to go on a photography trip soon but be treading cautiously for a little while as Covid is still around and likely to hang around for some time.

I love photograph nature/landscapes whether that be mountains, flowers waterfalls.

Hope your going well @Anita44 , @Printemps , @Lovely Cat Lady
    3 x
    Anita44

Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:33 am

Hi menz199

I'm good thanks

How are you been? Was nice to see life back to normal again.

Not much happening to me other than I have to deal with my car insurance hopefully they will get it sorted soon.

My work sort of up and down, I guess can't expect to be busy all the time. I have self exclusion from all venues which help my urge. Cos I know I can't go their play anymore.

Start saving up my money now, which I am start proud of my self.

Hope you can going out more, when the lockdown lift.
    0 x
    Menz199

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi all
    Things are going pretty good at the moment. Things have begun to finally go back to normal. I have really enjoyed just being able to get out and about again.

Nothing on the horizon on the job front but I'm still optimistic. :D

Weathers been all over the place, it's been storming, hailing and really windy.

@Lovely Cat Lady it's taken me ages, but I've finally gotten around to watching Soul, I thought it was great. There's a lot we can take from it. There's definitely things from the movie that relate to me and my life.

Hope your all doing well
    1 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi @Menz199,

It's wonderful to hear such positivism in your words. I'm really glad for you that things are moving forward and you're enjoying the freedom of going out and about.
    Hopefully you will soon have news on the job front now that things are re-opening. :); You have been really good at practising patience during lockdown, so fingers crossed you won't have to wait much longer.
    Sorry to hear the weather has not been playing so nice. Murphy's law perhaps?
    I'm really glad you were able to take a lot from it. It's pretty incredible how they handled such a complex topic in a children's movie. :o

All is going well, Victoria will soon be following NSW's steps. :cool:
    Thank you for the updates! It's always great to know things are going well for you.
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Moderator. Thanking you all for allowing me to be a part of your journeys and wishing you all the best! :);

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”