Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 but feeling determined

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Lovely Cat Lady

Re: Day 0 but feeling determined

Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:21 pm

Hello @Menz199,

The big day has finally arrived. Big shout out and congratulations for reaching Day 100 of your challenge!!! #ChallengeCompleted

Also, sorry to hear you went into lockdown, but as you said, you had been preparing mentally for it.

How are you feeling? It's been amazing to follow your journey. Hope you're able to treat yourself or mini celebrate in some way (even if its having chocolate, hehe). :cool:
    1 x
    Anita44

Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi menz199

A big congratulations on your 100 days journey.
    Sorry about the lockdown, I hope you able to treat yourself something nice.
    Gold coast n Brisbane lockdown end at 4pm today, I am so happy with that.
    2 x
    Menz199

Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:04 pm

Thanks @Lovely Cat Lady and @Anita44.

Today marks 100 days of my gamble free challenge, Wahoo. :D :D :cool:

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has followed me on this challenge. Especially @Lovely Cat Lady , @Printemps and @Anita44. Thank you for all your advice and support I have really appreciate it.

Yes the lockdown is annoying but nothing that I can do about it.

I'm feeling fantastic despite the lockdown of course, I can't believe how fast time has gone. I've changed and grown a lot, but it's all for the better.

I plan on doing something exciting when the lockdown is lifted. But yes either some chocolate or something nice for dessert is in order.

Now that the challenge is completed I still intend on posting here, probably not as often. As I feel as this is my 2nd home at times. I hope my journey will serve as inspiration and hope to others starting out on their own journeys.

I honestly thought I would have more to say, but nothing is coming to mind. But happy none the less.

Day 100/100 WAHOO #Challenge completed :cool:
    3 x
    Lovely Cat Lady

Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:42 pm

Your most welcome, it's been a pleasure following your journey through the challenge. :o And of course you're more than welcome to keep using this space as often as you like.

Good to hear either some chocolate or something nice for dessert is in order, it's very well deserved. :D You have certainly grown a lot, you started addressing the gambling and moved on to other matters like the social anxiety towards the end. I'm sure your journey will inspire and help others.

No worries, sometimes there's not much to say. The important thing at the end of the day is that you're feeling happy with yourself. :cool:

Day 100/100! Time has flown by so fast. Hopefully you can use this experience to implement the strategies and tools you learned along the way in your future ventures. Who knows, maybe you'll create your own challenges like running/walking after work for 100 days or set projects that you now know you can build/work by taking it one day at a time. What are some of the main tools/lessons you consider you're taking away from this challenge for yourself to use in the future?
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:47 pm

Day 102

Last few days have been good, unfortunately I don't see Newcastle ending the lockdown by Thursday, so just going to have to live with it a little longer. No word for my job applications, so I think I'll have to do some more and just keep trying. Still doing some exercise but have been a little slack lately.

Day 100/100! Time has flown by so fast. Hopefully you can use this experience to implement the strategies and tools you learned along the way in your future ventures. Who knows, maybe you'll create your own challenges like running/walking after work for 100 days or set projects that you now know you can build/work by taking it one day at a time. What are some of the main tools/lessons you consider you're taking away from this challenge for yourself to use in the future?

Maybe I will implement new 100 day challenges @Lovely Cat Lady, that's a great idea.

Hmmm, tools or lessons. Off the top of my head, I would say be kind to your self and don't beat yourself up too much, as I've probably said before, we all make mistakes. We can't we always prevent them but when we do we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much and take a step back and see what we can learn from it.

The main tool for me that's been the most helpful for this challenge has been these forums. It's a great place to vent or just write things after long days. It's just a great way to keep a diary of sorts and have others give advice and share their stories. For me day 0 was pretty tough, but coming on here and reading other stories was a great way to remind me that I'm not alone in this battle.

As mentioned before I have also found the 'I Am Sober app' really helpful too, as it's helped me keep track of the days as well as pledging everyday reminds me of what I'm aiming to achieve.
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:10 am

hey @Menz199

I just wanted to check-in and see how you've been travelling? I hope you're going okay in lock down, we're right here along side you! :o
    1 x
    Menz199

Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:13 pm

Hey @Printemps I'm doing ok thanks for asking.

Not much is happening with me at the moment so I don't see the point in posting things where not much new is happening. Otherwise I'm still going strong, just wish darn COVID would go away. It was announced that we are staying in lockdown for a further 2 weeks, so not looking forward to that.

I have had a little bit of a urge to gamble but I believe it's only there because of boredom.

I really want to go out with my camera and take some photo's, hopefully I will be able to do that soon.

How are you doing?
    1 x
    Printemps

Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:42 pm

@Menz199 that seems fair, I',m in a pretty similar situation RE lock-down and not much news!

It's great to hear that you're gong strong. What have you been doing when you've been bored to curb those urges?

I've taken up knitting to pass my time which has been fun :)

Hopefully you'll be able to get out with the camera soon! What do you like ton photograph?
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:16 pm

heya @Menz199

I wanted to check in and see how you've been?

As lockdown restrictions ease have you been able to get out and do any photography?
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 pm

Hello @Printemps
    How are you?
    Sorry I’ve taken so long to reply :(

I’m been doing well, thanks for asking, unfortunately we’re still in lockdown but wait there’s hope on the horizon, looks like in a couple weeks time, lockdown will be finally over :D

So no photography just yet, but I’ll getting out there when I can 😀

I hope all is well with you.
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”