Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 0 but feeling determined

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Menz199

Re: Day 0 but feeling determined

Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:16 pm

Hello @Lovely Cat Lady I am well thank you. I hope your Monday has been good. Yes I feel we have been very spoiled up here with the nice weather.

The training course went well, heaps to take in. Now just playing the waiting game.

Thanks, I really do think I'm slowly taking good steps to overcome my social anxiety. Yes my phycologist has been a huge help to me.

You reckon this is the sort of thing that can potentially snowball into more social interactions, as in become a virtuous cycle?

Yes I do feel that this can and will snowball into more social interactions.

Yesterday was mostly uneventful, just chores.

Work was good today, fairly busy. Overall feeling great.

Day 94 only 6 days to go :D
    2 x
    Printemps

Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:40 am

@Menz199 slow and steady wins the race! Taking little steps and being kind to yourself makes such a big difference :o

I love the determination behind that answer, being able to carry that kindness and confidence across to your other day to day interactions is a massive step forward!

I can't believe there are only 6 days, less than a week. Time really does fly!

How's your Tuesday going
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:06 am

Hey @Printemps thanks again. Yes slow and steady is best because rushing things at times tends to backfire.

Yes I’m finding it interesting as I explore my thoughts further, some good and bad things come up, but it’s learning to manage the bad or negative thoughts that’s interesting.

My Tuesday is going well so far a bit of a slow start, thank you for asking

How’s yours?

Time goes way too fast sometimes though, can you believe that we are already in August?
    0 x
    Printemps

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:42 pm

@Menz199 Yeah rushing things can lead to all kinds of mishaps!

have you found some good techniques for managing those negative thoughts?

Mine is very much the same! But we have some sun outside which is nice, even if I'm seeing it from the window haha!

I really can't, it feels like this year has just flown by!
    0 x
    Menz199

Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:19 pm

@Printemps actually I haven’t. I’ve just been taking things one day at a time. It’s a bit tricky keeping positive with the current and constantly changing covid situation.
    1 x
    Menz199

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:09 pm

Going alright the last couple of days, I saw the psychologist again yesterday and am still making good progress.

I had yesterday and today off from work as give a work mate a few more shifts.

I've just read that Newcastle and the Hunter regions are going into lockdown for a week as of 5pm today so not looking forward to that. Alas I always saw it coming it was just a matter of time. So it's our turn now, fingers crossed it's only going to be a week.

Unfortunately my big 100 day milestone is this Sunday so I'll just have to wait.

Otherwise doing alright, not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, as lockdown means that everyday will go at glacial pace. So just going to have to be patient and hope that I hear some good news from my job applications.

How are you today @Printemps and @Lovely Cat Lady ?
    2 x
    Printemps

Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:29 pm

@Menz199 That was nice of you to give some shifts for your colleague! You show a lot of care to people around you

Th lock downs are tricky, and it's a little disappointing that you'll be in lock down during your 100 day celebration! You can maybe plan something a bit bigger down the line, and actually get to enjoy the celebration without Covid looming.

I hope you hear back from your job applications soon. When work is slow it is truly the worst, the day's really just drag on and on.

I'm good, thank you for checking in! Trying to suss out what the lock down situation will be here in Melbourne haha :p
    1 x
    Printemps

Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:12 pm

how are you going @Menz199?

day 98, which is amazing to think about!

I hope work has picked up a bit and you've been able to keep your spirits up :o
    1 x
    Menz199

Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:23 am

Hey @Printemps
    Thanks for checking up on me, I appreciate it as always, I’m doing alright thanks, works been ok. The lockdowns been alright so far. One day at a time.

Yes I’ll plan something nice for 100 days when lockdown ends, nothing back in terms of job applications yet. So still waiting, I might have to contact them if I don’t hear anything.

Sorry to hear your going into lockdown again, I was really happy for you guys, last week freedom, now back to lockdown again :(

Day 98 keeping positive despite the current situation.

I hope you all are keeping safe and well.
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:02 pm

@Menz199 one day at a time is my mantra with the lock downs especially. it's a bit odd being in and out so suddenly but it is what it is.

Planning a nice way to celebrate your success is such an important thing! Especially because you've come exceptionally far in so many ways and have started to achieve so many goals beyond just the 100 day challenge.

I hope you've had a nice weekend and have been able to get in some time for yourself

:o
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”