Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Need help

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    SLM

Need help

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:13 am

I am desperate to get through this 100 day challenge. Please keep me motivated guys!
    2 x
    AGHS

Re: Need help

Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi SLM, the fact that you are reaching out to the forum seeking motivation to get through the 100 day challenge shows that you are already building your strength and resilience to stop gambling. As with all of our journey's, you will have hard days and easy days but you need to take one day at a time. Try to set some small achievable goals everyday, this will give you something to focus on rather that your thoughts wandering all over the place and those conversations going on in your head about why you should or shouldn't gamble. Plan a reward for yourself at the end of everyday, even if its a coffee from your fave place.......we often focus on the negatives in our lives and forget to celebrate our achievements. Writing in a journal might help also, putting those thoughts, struggles anything on paper can also help. Trust me, it all doesn't look so bad when you read it back and your mind will be clearer so that you can objectively and constructively reflect on your day. This reflection helps to let go of negativity and leave it behind. Keep going, visualise what you want to achieve, see yourself as gamble free, money in the bank, content with life, happy. You WILL get there.
    2 x
    SLM

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Thankyou for your kind words, everything you said makes me motivated to try and do better.. I’ll make sure to read this every morning.. Thankyou
    0 x
    clearthatmind

Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:42 pm

AGHS wrote:
    Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:03 pm
    Hi SLM, the fact that you are reaching out to the forum seeking motivation to get through the 100 day challenge shows that you are already building your strength and resilience to stop gambling. As with all of our journey's, you will have hard days and easy days but you need to take one day at a time. Try to set some small achievable goals everyday, this will give you something to focus on rather that your thoughts wandering all over the place and those conversations going on in your head about why you should or shouldn't gamble. Plan a reward for yourself at the end of everyday, even if its a coffee from your fave place.......we often focus on the negatives in our lives and forget to celebrate our achievements. Writing in a journal might help also, putting those thoughts, struggles anything on paper can also help. Trust me, it all doesn't look so bad when you read it back and your mind will be clearer so that you can objectively and constructively reflect on your day. This reflection helps to let go of negativity and leave it behind. Keep going, visualise what you want to achieve, see yourself as gamble free, money in the bank, content with life, happy. You WILL get there.
    Thank you for that post. I got a lot out of it as well. God bless
    0 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”