Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1 - 20 & Tired.

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: Day 1 - 20 & Tired.

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 am

Well done @Mamamia One step at a time is the way to go.
    What do you do to help prepare yourself for events like these?
    1 x
    User 5b23811d1360e

Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:08 pm

Well done Mamamia!!!
    Im inspired by your journey which started weeks before the Everest. That would have been so bloody difficult. The strength to only place that one bet all day with your mates is quite remarkable.. that Saturday became my huge downfall. I spent every thing I had and now cant afford the mechanic to fix my car which i so embarassing. I'm moved by your ability to only place one bet that day. Id love to think I could do the same. Keeping an eye on your journey with both eyes.
    2 x
    Mamamia

Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:26 pm

Day 28...

No gambling for the past week - until today GF day, convinced myself because its a "big day" i should put something on geelong. Silly.

2 gambling days in 28 that makes it... not good enough, but better.

Mainly reporting to keep myself accountable and get myself back on track. I havn't crippled myself financially or anything but need to get back in the no gamble no excuse mindset.

No bets placed until melb cup (ill get someone else to place something for me) then nothing till 2021.

Cheers,
    2 x
    sherpa09 (facilitator)

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:56 am

Hi Mamamia,

Sherpa09 here (one of the moderators on the forum) . Well done on reducing your gambling! I know you feel a little defeated about your recent bet placed this grand final day, but good on you for making progress. It's always difficult to control urges to gamble when sporting events increase, however with the right strategies and supports you can begin to gain that sense of control back.

If anyone else can relate to Mamamia, we'd love to hear your thoughts on how you've coped this past weekend and how you plan to navigate staying strong as sporting events begin to increase.

Regards,

Sherpa09.
    0 x
    Mamamia

Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Day 29/30 - no gambling.

Cant believe it's been almost a month.

It's great to feel like i'm slowly gaining some self control and healthy habits.

Need to keep it going however - nothing silly on melb cup and then nothing past then.

Cheers,
    2 x
    Ila123

Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:55 am

Hi @Mamamia

GREAT WORK !! Welldone to you

What have you got plan to celebrate the 30 days milestone ? it's important to keep yourself motivated in a positive way!
    1 x
    Mamamia

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Hey Ila123 - nothing special, invested in a stock, been busy with end of sem for uni so boring life at the minute till post exams lol

Day 31/32 have been gamble free.

CHeers!
    1 x
    Mamamia

Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:33 pm

Hi Guys sorry for no update

Ive been busy with uni/still am.

Ive fallen off the wagon and need to get back on. With melbourne cup i bet/lost about $200

Im cheating myself.

I've closed accounts again. No more betting till 2021.

On a positive note my savings are going up and i'm definitely more aware and concerned about gambling. Just need to pick this up and get back at it.

Im going to make this a countdown to 2021 rather than starting again/picking up from day 32ish.

So yeh, 56 days till 2021. Getting a head start on next years resolutions.
    0 x
    Mish_27

Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:00 pm

hi @Mamamia

This time of year can challenging for a lot of people. Well done on pulling yourself out and making that commitment so quickly. Its not an easy thing to do when you have a lapse.

It can be helpful to reflect on what has helped you stay away from it, and what the things are that tempt you or make you more vulnerable. That way you can plan ahead for similar situations that may come up in the future and help manage them better next time :)
    0 x
    Mamamia

Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:58 am

Cheers @Mish_27

53 days to go, nothing to report.

Should make it to next week relatively easy, busy week.

Update then !
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”