Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1 - 20 & Tired.

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    the_penguin

Re: Day 1 - 20 & Tired.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:23 pm

That's great stuff @pamela :cool:

It's interesting how we use our own little visual markers to help manage urges. You've got a push, and @Mamamia has a flex.
    1 x
    Squeaky

Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:00 am

@mamamia ... I know when the urge comes, something takes over, keep busy, do something positive, feel how u are going to b if u give in, breathe deeply and see yourself moving forward, then different thoughts flow and it has passed and u have done another second, minute, hour, day free.
    2 x
    the_penguin

Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:39 pm

That's an interesting throught @Squeaky

Allowing space for different, more positive thoughts to enter your mind. When an urge comes, it can be overwhelming; but if you take a moment to breathe and calm yourself, it allows you to see a clearer image. It's a thought like any other, and you can choose different paths.

@Mamamia @Kevcollingwood @Speedo
    1 x
    Mamamia

Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:21 pm

Geez i didn't realise how long ago my second attempt was...3ish months. I failed guys.

I've got to do this again but honestly dont think i'm all in it mentally to see the 100 days out. I've been losing less in gambling sessions (max $100ish usually) but it becomes too frequent. I can't afford to lose hundreds every weekend. Annoyingly, it'll start with a sports bet (nrl this week) and if it wins, i bet the winnings and then some on the dogs/horses...or my original sports bet loses and i chase losses. I never take a win because in my mind the amount isn't significant enough (until i've lost it then it is). Very dumb stuff.

Also my parents see my account and are on my case, but i've convinced myself it isn't bad anymore and i should just do it. Stresses me out waiting for when they check the account and see i'm betting again, especially when i've lost (so always lol).

AFL starts next week, which i mean realistically even now i want to bet on...

Let's say this: Ill do one $5 multi on my afl picks for the week for week and thats it for 1 month. I'll see where my headspace is at in a month and set a new goal.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”