Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Let’s try again

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Under the rug

Let’s try again

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 pm

I have been positing on here for about 2 years now.

Up then down. Up then down. I would come on here for hours at a time after a big loss.

I’ve tried the 100 day challenge before. Let’s try it again.

In short. I’m exhausted, I’m 26. Started playing pokies when I was 18. Would be sick to know what I’ve spent over the years. I just can’t seem to shake it.

I have given most of my money to somebody else so I don’t have access to it when temptation strikes.

I know what I’m doing is wrong.. but still do it. Why??? I don’t know. I feel so far behind in life seeing other people progress and I’m either stuck or 10 steps behind.

We sit on the machines and throw hard earnt money away and be looked after by pub staff like we are in a day car centre. It’s disgusting.
    4 x
    Nigel1234

Re: Let’s try again

Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Hey mate.
    I could really relate to your post. It's a horrible feeling knowing you shouldn't be putting all your money thro the pokies yet you just sit there and keep feeding the machine thinking "I will win it back" and then when you do win it back you just jump on another machine and lose it all again anyway.
    I feel exactly the same with it seems like other people are moving forward in life and you are just stuck doing the same thing week in week out. I see all all my freinds buying new cars, houses, building extensions, having kids and then theres me who earns more than any of them thinking I hope I can make it to the end of the week because i don't have enough money for petrol.
    They are horrible machines mate and I wish you all the luck in quitting.
    3 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: Let’s try again

Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi @Under the rug and @Nigel1234 ! Its been a while since we last heard from you both.
    Just wanted to check in to see how you been going? :) Have you given the 100 day challenge another go?
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”