Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Only thing i have not tried, 100 day challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Hello3 [facilitator]

Re: Only thing i have not tried, 100 day challenge

Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 pm

That is absolutely sensational @Kevcollingwood !!! Congrats on a great achievement!!! :D
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Thanks @Hello3 [facilitator] feels great
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:59 pm

117 days but who’s counting lol, tick my days off on a calendar, got a strong urge today to have a punt, I picked up the calendar and said to myself “is it going to be worth it?” The horse won, that would have been good but, it would have kick started this horrible disease all over again, put this one down to a near miss, can sleep tonight with the less money rather then lay there thinking I could get another one tomorrow.😋
    1 x
    gzy3

Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi @Kevcollingwood , I am glad to hear it didn't set you off a gambling cycle yesterday.

I am sure it was a much nicer and easier feeling for you not to think of doing it again the next day.
    Despite this" near miss" you are getting yourself to stay on the right track, which shows your resilience.

Keep going Kevcollingwood and keep us updated how it is going.
    1 x
    Kevcollingwood

Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:51 pm

@gzy3 thanks, I am also happy I did no give into temptation, i think the emptiness that has been left takes a bit of filling, I do not do alcohol, much for the same reason I wish not to punt, but after 40+ years of studying the form guide every Friday night and spending all day Saturday On the punt, it leaves a void which can be hard to fill. I just know with time I can break these shackles that has nearly ruined my life, one day at a time 😎
    2 x
    Bluetack2

Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 pm

Kevcollingwood wrote:
    Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:51 pm
    @gzy3 thanks, I am also happy I did no give into temptation, i think the emptiness that has been left takes a bit of filling, I do not do alcohol, much for the same reason I wish not to punt, but after 40+ years of studying the form guide every Friday night and spending all day Saturday On the punt, it leaves a void which can be hard to fill. I just know with time I can break these shackles that has nearly ruined my life, one day at a time 😎
    Well done mate, awesome stuff. I’m starting my 100 day journey today.

How did you get over the feeling of missing out? I’m in my early 20s but love racing - usually enjoy doing the form, watching with mates etc, but I can’t control myself and have lost tens of thousands.

Do you allow yourself to watch the races at all when not betting or do you shut it off completely?

And how do you feel without the punt mate? I imagine it’s a great sense of pride you’ve built
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”