Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Only thing i have not tried, 100 day challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Kevcollingwood

Only thing i have not tried, 100 day challenge

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:21 pm

Day 2, well why not, what have I got to lose that gambling has not taken, my sanity, my money, 40 years of my life, friendships.
    Have to stay positive, sounds a long way away, always told 1 day at a time.
    At least reading some of the posts, there is Hope, some great work been recorded, day 2 don’t sound much, but to an addict it is forever.
    4 x
    clearthatmind

Re: Only thing i have not tried, 100 day challenge

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:08 pm

Hi, when you said "40 years of my life, friendships" that is what it took from me to. It's the friendships and time/life that is the most regretful for me. I sometimes wonder if I ever hit the big one (and I mean, you know, millions) if I'd give it back or ride myself off with alcohol, stupid behaviour etc. I've always said that if I won the big one I'd get the nice house etc and give most of it away to family and charity, but to the addict, I'm not so sure. You never know until it happens to you I guess. So in a way, it's comforting to me that its further impetus to stop trying to win the big one and just leave it alone. I know from experience that real faith in God helps tremendously. Not just knowing about God but actually putting it into practice. Real faith. Take care
    2 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6
    Kevcollingwood

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Clearthatmind, I have always wanted to win the big one, never did, compulsive gamblers do not win, we would keep going till it was gone, over it, it has stolen enough of my time/life, day 4 worried for the weekend though.
    3 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:06 am

Welldone @Kevcollingwood ! You've made a start! It can be pretty tough. As you can see in the forums, there are many others going through a similar situation to yourself.
    Its a great way of learning from others and gaining support from others.

What people sometimes shut out of their mind about gambling is how much they've actually spent over a long period of time. When we bring this to our awareness in the present, we are able to articulate that even if the machine or betting agency tells us we have 'won', is it actually winning? Sure its exciting seeing a big number flash on the screen but what about the rest of the money spent?
    When we think of this, we take 'winning' out of the equation and can actually make us think differently about gambling. It sounds simple, but is easily forgotten.
    2 x
    Kevcollingwood

Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:56 pm

8 days, I am over the moon, for once I am not looking at results, I do not care what it winning, what numbers are coming up, what jackpots are going off, happy days, have dollars in my pocket, shouted myself 2 coffees on the weekend, usually keep everything for gambling
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:35 am

Well Done Keep it up !
    1 x
    Kevcollingwood

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Another Saturday over and 13 days gamble free, not going to say it is getting easier, although today was good, always have known, but only just hitting home how much of our life we waste gambling, there is another world out there. Spend this time doing something productive people, best wishes to everyone fighting this fight.
    0 x
    Kevcollingwood

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Another Saturday over and 13 days gamble free, not going to say it is getting easier, although today was good, always have known, but only just hitting home how much of our life we waste gambling, there is another world out there. Spend this time doing something productive people, best wishes to everyone fighting this fight.
    2 x
    gzy3

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:29 am

Congratulations on 13 days gambling free @Kevcollingwood.

How did it go yesterday?
    I know it doesn't feel easier right now but it will over time.
    Feeling upset about the wasted time is also common to have, but now you only go better and on the right track.
    Treat yourself sometimes on your gambling free journey and remember one at a time.
    You are doing great.
    1 x
    Kevcollingwood

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 pm

@gzy3 it went well, still gamble free, thanks for the advice.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”