Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 100 day challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Mitchk127

100 day challenge

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:53 am

Hi guys , nice to meet you all

I’m here to join on the 100 day challenge ,
    my life has been mess and I have been motivated to get out of this mess for the last two years but have been at rock bottom since the day I turned 18. I’ve done many things that I have lived to regret. Gambling has interfered with my relationships and work/studies and has taken me down some dark pathways which i don’t want to look back on. I have seen counsellors spoken to and lied to them, lied to my parents to the point where they don’t even trust me anymore. I have not know the feeling of saving money and I have a goal to travel Europe and the USA in 2021/22 which would’ve been completely achieveable without my gambling losses . I have had times where I have gambled and turned $10 into $10000 , but no matter how good I was or how much money I got up , I never had it in me to take my winnings and realised that no matter what a gambler will always lose . I feel like there is so much more to what I have encountered in this but I cannot explain it all , I’d just like to support you guys while I am supported in trying to get this over with . I don’t want just 100 days , I want this forever
    3 x
    BrisbaneLad

Re: 100 day challenge

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:39 am

Hey @Mitchk127 .. welcome mate. It’s all pretty new to me to. That’s awesome you have a goal and working to it.. try use that to bring you strength now!

I’ve hit Day 50 today, and things are getting easy. I have money in my pocket between pays to pay bills and stuff and it’s a good feeling. Maybe get an account you can’t touch and put $50 a fortnight in it to save towards the big US trip?

Sending you strength mate
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Hi @Mitchk127
    Welcome the the forums!
    Good on you for reaching out and sharing your experiences.
    Many people on the forums can provide great advice and support.
    Try brainstorming some small steps you can take towards short term goals. Take time to think of them and create realistic time lines to achieve them. Your goal to travel, I'm sure is a very exciting long term goal, but also focus on what you can do at this present moment.
    What steps are you willing to take from this day forward ?
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:35 pm

Welldone!!! @BrisbaneLad Keep up the great work
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”