Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Bring on 2020. Let’s do this

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Mona58

Re: Bring on 2020. Let’s do this

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:56 am

Yeah, I understand totally. Small steps.

The term anxiety ... I think was invented by extroverts for introverts. When I first started at counselling, some 20 years or so ago, I was told I had anxiety and was anti-social! That hurt me and sent me into depression I now believe. Whatever happen to merely being a shy person and a home body? Why has education somewhat complicated things with a mere pen?

Have you ever thought about drawing, or painting' even joining an art group? You may find there's a lot of like minded people there .

Mona
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Springhope17

Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:32 pm

Wow you did so good by walking out of there! I am very proud of you!
    Its crazy how we can have so many plans in place and then a urge hits us and we lose control for a moment. SO glad you regained control.
    Maybe you could think about studying something online? Or a free class at bunnings etc.
    Hope you are staying strong!
    1 x
    BrisbaneLad

Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:37 am

Thanks @Mona80 and @Springhope17 support as always on here. I felt much more in control yesterday, and redefined my controls and strategies to ensure I stay strong. Like I said some days ago. I can already see the smallest improvement in my finances which is motivation enough. What’s small seems bug which is great.

I’m going to check out some hobby sites today and see what’s out there. I get the anxiety definition thing Mona. I guess I’ve gone from a confident outgoing person to a bloody social cripple in so many aspects so it’s about baby steps on that one as well.

Happy Friday :)
    1 x
    BrisbaneLad

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:33 am

Day 37 and feel really in control this weekend. No urges, kept myself busy doing free things, and feeling really good. Yea it’s a roller coaster, but so focussing right now on the climb to give me the strength for the next drop. Off pay week and I still have living money 😱 all stills very new. Been a long time since I haven’t had to “borrow money” to get through week 2, pay it back and borrow it again. Haven’t borrowed a cent since I started this thing and it feels good.

Win for yesterday- a close friend (not aware of my battle) told me she had noticed a change in me and I seemed more settled and happy in the last few weeks.

How perceptive people are :)
    5 x
    How the F did I get here

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:39 pm

Good on you lad!
    Absolutely amazing all that you just wrote and how in control you feel.
    Love it!
    I'm not far behind on 33 days!
    Lets go!

👊
    1 x
    BrisbaneLad

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:25 pm

Day 39 😱 who the hell thought I would get this far. 11 days to go and I’ll be half way there on the first important step in this journey. Been super busy this week at work which has helped. A few thoughts , but generally not in my thoughts!

Hope everyone is having an amazing week!!
    4 x
    Springhope17

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:03 pm

Awesome work!
    So happy for you!
    2 x
    BrisbaneLad

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:16 pm

Thanks so
    Much @Springhope17 .

Day 40! That’s like 4 lots of 10 days and that’s huge. Tonight I’m away with work. Normally would head out with everyone and have dinner and then “go off to bed” go find a venue drink and gamble in other words.

Looking forward to heading for a nice dinner on the boss 😂 And then... going to bed!! 😂
    3 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:17 am

Well done @BrisbaneLad ! Keep up the great work :D
    1 x
    BrisbaneLad

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:44 am

Thanks so much @Calvin (facilitator) , really appreciate your support. It really is true that the urges start to subside after a good few weeks. Still there, guard is up and ready, but it’s becoming a little easier 🤷🏽‍♂️
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”