Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New beginnings

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Jrangapokere

New beginnings

Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Hey guys

Just wanted to put out there how gambling is such a big issue for not just myself but others out there aswell.Gambling for myself has been a major issue for myself and my family and now it’s at the point where my relationship is on thin ice..I know I need help and being on here seeing other people’s can hopefully help me on journey aswell

Too the 100 day challenge 👍
    3 x
    How the F did I get here

Re: New beginnings

Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:07 pm

Hey @Jrangapokere ,

Welcome! You are in a good place to get support. Read the threads, even doing this helps. Hearing other peoples stories which you will find will in one way or another mirror your own story actually helps, I think it's because everyone in here gets you, I know no one in my life understand.

Gambling is a really isolating thing and everyone in here knows what you are going through.

Wish you all the best, you can do it!
    If you stuff up dust yourself off and try again, no matter how many times you do it, just don't quit trying to quit!
    4 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: New beginnings

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:06 pm

Thankyou for your very welcoming message @How the F did I get here !

Welcome @Jrangapokere

I'm Calvin one of the facilitators.
    You've taken a big step in admitting to the gambling issue and also reaching out for help towards making changes.

What would you say urges you to go gamble? Its helpful to identify these as then you can work towards better managing them. For example urges an be anything from: gambling due to stress, gambling to unwind/relax, boredom, anxiety, feeling depressed, chasing losses, its different for everyone.

If you would like some further support along with the forums, you can contact the helpline to receive a referral for a gambling counsellor.
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”