Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • MH-100 of the best

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    MH2019

MH-100 of the best

Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:11 pm

It's Cox Plate Day 2019. My last ever bet! I know I can live a good life without gambling. I have done it before. Things in life are best when they are shared. You can go to an amazing location or watch a great movie but if you can't share those experiences they have far less value. Well I can't share gambling because I will lose everything. So what's the point. I make good coin, more than enough to support my beautiful family so why punt. I'm not greedy. It's a dopamine chase. It's so easy to see after the event!
    Day 1- Cloudy head but know time heals wounds.
    4 x
    spentitallagain

Re: MH-100 of the best

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Good luck mate you seem super determined!!!

If it makes you feel any better....I haven't placed a bet on any of the big races this spring!! And I love horse racing..
    3 x
    MH2019

Day 2- Whatever it takes.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:38 pm

Tuesday, October 28th. Day 2.
    I'm 33. I went to my first GA meeting aged 18. I went to 2 meetings and then didn't return until I was 26. But fair to say that I have been aware that gambling has been a problematic issue for me for 15 years now. I've lost girlfriends, did it stop me? No. Lost my mind. Did it stop me? No. Life savings. Did it stop me? No. Fair to say this disease has got me.

Although gambling has caused chaos to my mental state, and life situation I somehow am here. Two beautiful kids, a great partner and mother to my kids and a job that I enjoy. I am truly the luckiest man in the world, I am at heart a truly caring person but my god I can be selfish on the punt and I am really grateful for where I am right now. I know things in life happen that we have little control over but if I lost my family because of gambling with my experience, knowledge and understanding of gambling and my relationship with it I would find that an extremely large cross to carry.

So I am not going to let it. I have began a little project. Project anything it takes. Simply, I am going to do anything it takes to make it hard for me to gamble. It began today with a few calls at lunchtime to my banks putting a gambling block on my debit card. I have excluded from every sports betting company I have an account with and I am in the process of self excluding from TABs. I know myself well. When I get the urge to bet I will find a way. I need to avoid the first bet, because once I put on the first bet the next 500 are easy. However, If I make it extremely inconvenient to place a bet my chances of not having that toxic first bet are far greater. That trip to the bank because I can't withdraw cash, might just be the the 30 minutes I need to let the urge pass.

So I am looking to study and research all tips and techniques to make it very hard and inconvenient to bet. So if you have any tips I'm all ears because if it will keep me further from that initial first bet I am committed to implementing it!
    2 x
    gzy3

Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:47 am

Hi @MH2019 , welcome to this forum!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I see you very determined to stop gambling by implementing very powerful strategies.
    I believe they will definitely help you and empower other members here as well for tackling their gambling issues. Thank you.
    Looking forward to hearing how your challenge is going. Keep us updated!
    0 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:58 am

Hey MH2019! These are some amazing strategies and I can hear you're determination. How are things going for you this week?
    0 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”