Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Pfft Here again!

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    How the F did I get here

Pfft Here again!

Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:04 pm

October 17th I came back to forum. When I started this thread (have deleted original post in this thread)

Went a week then gambled then tried again then gambled again and continued. Telling myself after each time I gamble no I'm not gambling again, I'm done, but that wasn't the case.
    On the weekend I was a gambling fiend, I gambled for about 16 hours perhaps 18 over 2 days.
    Funny how an hour at work feels like an eternity but feels like 5 minutes when you're playing the pokies.
    I feel literally dirty and disgusting, to the point I actually feel I really, really do not want to do this again and feel like this time is going to be different and easy for me to quit! I'm ready for my new life and to be happy, this has taken so much off me already! I'm done!

Sunday 24th November
    Day numero uno!

๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜
    3 x
    Frank321

Re: Pfft Here again!

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:20 am

Good luck mate
    Keep persisting and you will get there

Totally agree.
    "Those bloody pokies, which in my opinion is the stupidest addiction of any addiction out there"

I have been addicted for nearly 10 years.. I pretty much go to lose and then hate myself

Let me know how you are tracking
    3 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:08 pm

I understand it the whole on again off again battle with gambling. It can make people feel a whole range of different emotions.
    Each time you've had a lapse into gambling, identify what brought you to that lapse, for example one of them for you would be pay day. Are there any others you can think of? Monitor how you feel at those times. Think of different things that you enjoy that can distract you.
    2 x
    How the F did I get here

Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:42 am

Hey Frank321,

Thanks for encouragement!
    It's just the most idiotic of things to do!
    Pressing a ***** button!! FFS!
    Sorry for my language, I find I tend to cuss a bit on here when talking about those bloody things! Ordinarily I'm not a sweater hahaha

Well of course I gambled since I started this post! Same old, same old!
    But pleased to say I started yet again and am now 4 days gamble/cigarette free!
    Feeling pretty determined, more so really determined with the smokes.

My motto always is like I've preached on this site before, stuff up, start again, stuff up, start yet again. As long as you go to bed each night with the intention to start again.
    If it takes 200 tries keep going, don't give up.

As much as I have feel like a pathetic weak loser for stuffing up all the time, I guess I can take something positive out of it, that perhaps I am indeed a strong person, to go through this process over and over and over and over again, I must have some strength to me to deal with it and keep trying again.
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:06 am

Yes and your right! As long as you keep on trying, that does so a lot of strength and it shows determination.
    It can be useful to also focus on what lead you to lapse into gambling those previous times, so that you can prepare for the next time an urge comes along. Write them down to help you remember if you can't. Then look at what you can do next time to help prevent it. Keeping note of how did you feel physically, mentally etc at that time.

Have you considered self-exclusion?
    1 x
    How the F did I get here

Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:47 pm

October 17th I came back to forum. When I started this thread (have deleted original post in this thread)

Went a week then gambled then tried again then gambled again and continued. Telling myself after each time I gamble no I'm not gambling again, I'm done, but that wasn't the case.
    On the weekend I was a gambling fiend, I gambled for about 16 hours perhaps 18 over 2 days.
    Funny how an hour at work feels like an eternity but feels like 5 minutes when you're playing the pokies.
    I feel literally dirty and disgusting, to the point I actually feel I really, really do not want to do this again and feel like this time is going to be different and easy for me to quit! I'm ready for my new life and to be happy, this has taken so much off me already! I'm done!

Sunday 24th November
    Day numero uno!
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:42 pm

Love the enthusiasm to get back to it, as usual HTFDIGH! :)

As I always read you say to others - every lapse is an opportunity to learn.

Looking forward to hearing your updates. Perhaps something new to focus on if you've mentioned boredom is a trigger?
    2 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    How the F did I get here

Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:07 pm

Day 3
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Good on you @How the F did I get here

How are things going for you ? Have any supports/strategies in place so far?
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:47 am

It's super hard mate!! Just got to think of it like that Ex girlfriend who cheated on you that you want back so bad!!!! But you know she is the wrong person for you... so stop trying and move on, cause she will only cheat on you again and again and again
    0 x

Return to โ€œTake the 100 Day Challengeโ€