Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us for our 2020 resolutions thread, and Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1 Challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    pieceandlife

Day 1 Challenge

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:54 am

Hi all, I'm new here and jumping straight into this, as I've wasted too much money and too much time living like this for way too long.

I've turned into someone that I was never before feeling stuck and ugly to be honest disgusted at myself for allowing myself to be so naive.

My real challenge will always be payday, how I don't think about it untill a day before payday it just pops up in my head and all those thoughts trigger everything back again finding myself going through this cycle of horror over and over.

I need to change had enough! so I'm starting here trying this out and hope to God that there's a light at the end of this tunnel oh! and thank you all for sharing your stories to see and know that I'm not alone is enough for me to keep going one day one step at a time.
    1 x
    TimTam

Re: Day 1 Challenge

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:06 am

Hi @pieceandlife

So glad you decided to join these forums, I really hope you find some comfort and support with reading the posts and connecting with others going through similar things.
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel! And you have taken to first step to reaching it.
    0 x
    Toya

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi Tim
    I am the same and will be my first day in trying to quiet gambling.
    Its so hard on payday cuz you automactilly think about it and winning big.
    Its so hard to get my family to understand why I do it, and to be honest I think because I have no social life is why I do.

You should be proud of yourself in taking the first step, wishing you all the best
    0 x
    How the F did I get here

Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:02 am

Hey @Toya ,

Welcome! This is a great forum to be in. We can all relate to what you are going through.

I reccomend you to read all the threads, it actually helps somewhat knowing you are not alone, you will see a lot of us have very similar stories.
    Like you say family don't understand which pretty much goes for anyone who doesn't have a gambling addiction. They just don't get it. We all understand one another here.

I am completely the same, I literally have no social life and one of my reasons playing pokies has been boredom/loneliness.
    My daughter was away for the weekend and I was literally lost didn't know what to do with myself, instead of being a normal person my age and going and socializing with girlfriends the pokies unfortunately make me feel good, I literally played for around 16 hours or so over 2 days, which mind you is the worst and longest stint I've ever done but I just had nothing better to do really, it took my mind off being lonely I guess.

Wish you all the best! Stick around, interact and if you F up just start again and again and again etc if you have to but don't quit trying to quit! (I am the queen of failing and trying over and over)
    Good luck!
    👊👍
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”