Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • First crack at 100 days GF

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    dumbsmartguy

First crack at 100 days GF

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Howdy,

I have often visited and read the posts of other users on these forums which has always helped when trying to stop gambling. Decided it was time to have a go at posting myself to share some experiences with others.

Im a male is his early 30's who has been gambling on and off since I was 19-20. I did some financial damage to myself around the age of 22-23 which really destroyed my confidence. My gambling has cut back somewhat over the last few years as I handed my finances over to my partner.

I have seen a Psychologist as well as a life coach/counsellor over the last 3-4 years but have stopped using these experts. I found the counsellor to have more success with supporting me to some of my biggest stretches of not gambling.

So here I am committing to 100 days of being gamble free. Not only that but focusing on the positives and the things that drive my happiness. Im happy to share some stories as I go if anybody is interested. Best of luck to everyone trying to make that change.
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: First crack at 100 days GF

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:38 am

Hello @dumbsmartguy

I'm Calvin, one of the facilitators

Good on you for reaching out. Great to hear your level of motivation.

Keep track of those sneaky urges that come about and prepare for them as best you can. Remind yourself of the consequences of gambling.

The 100 Day challenge is a great start. :)
    2 x
    dumbsmartguy

Re: First crack at 100 days GF

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Calvin. The urges do flair up, particularly with sports on TV (I love sport)!

Day 3 and i'm feeling positive. Back at work after some minor surgery so that has helped with my day being busy!

My main issue is the pokies. I have a level of control with every other form of gambling but if I ever play the pokies I lose control and use so many irrational justifications for why I should keep feeding them my hard earned cash.

Hope everyone is having some success today with their own battles! Best of luck!
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”