Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • tried self exclusion

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    mrpokie

tried self exclusion

Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:09 pm

was going to try self exclusive from local venues. didnt realise i would have to go to each local venue have an interview. that like 20 places around cairns, stupid method. they just want us to keep gambling
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Re: tried self exclusion

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am

hello @mrpokie ,

I'm Calvin, one of the facilitators here on the forums!

Welcome! Good on you for reaching out!

That can be a frustrating process, this is why there are gambling counsellors available to help organise self-exclusion so you can avoid the hassle of visiting every venue.
    The gambling counsellor can help self-exclude you from up to 35 different venues.
    You can get a referral to a counsellor by calling the helpline on 1800 858 858, or connecting through the webchat.

Calvin.
    1 x
    Azlan

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi @m@mrpokie I am currently going through self exclusion after visiting a councillor.

She gave me a great website to visit that allows up to 10 self exclusions at a time. And then you can keep repeating the process until you have done all your locals.

You still need to fill out paperwork for each venue but no interview process seems to be required.

I'm not sure if I can post links here so if you want me to provide the link send me a message
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm

There's no problem sharing this type of link @Azlan :)

Sharing helpful links is encouraged! Thank you
    1 x
    Azlan

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Ok great here is the link. I just noticed however that it is only for NSW and the OP is in QLD unfortunately. I would hazard a guess that there would be something similar in QLD but I am unsure where to find that.
    Anyway here is the link and hopefully it will help anyone in NSW that wants to go by this method too.

https://www.betsafe.com.au/self_exclusion/
    2 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”