Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • 3rd day doing the 100 day challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Cunnrhys

3rd day doing the 100 day challenge

Tue May 21, 2019 7:39 am

3rd day doing the 100 day challenge, payday is just around the corner (tomorrow) and that always seems to bit me in the *** and makes me very unstable with my babbling and financials. I’m hoping this week I can be strong enough to push through and get past 10 days and work from then, will keep you’s informed. RHYS
    2 x
    Mish_27

Re: 3rd day doing the 100 day challenge

Tue May 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi Cunnrhys,

I'm Mish_27, one of the facilitators here. Welcome to the forums and congratulations of being 3 days gambling free! hopefully you will find the support that you are after here.

Its great that you have identified payday as a risky time for you, it can be helpful to plan ahead to manage your finances and urges.

have you thought of any strategies to help you get through pay day?
    2 x
    Azlan

Re: 3rd day doing the 100 day challenge

Tue May 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi @Cunnrhys keep your chin up, try to make yourself busy when pay day comes. Meet a friend and ask him to keep an eye on you, start reading a book, go to the gym, etc.
    I know that feeling where you promise yourself that this time will be different, and this time you will walk away from the machine, gambling website etc, but it almost never is.
    Its better just not to in the first place.
    Think about how proud you will feel when you wake up the day AFTER payday and realise 'Hey I did it!"
    3 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”