Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • 4 days since I’ve gambled. So I guess I have 96 days left of this challenge.

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Rebecca4207

4 days since I’ve gambled. So I guess I have 96 days left of this challenge.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:46 pm

Feeling so ****. Two days out from payday and I’m broke. Spent $900 in the last two weeks. I’m so over this habit. It’s ruining our marriage. We’re feeding off each other’s habits. We know if either one of us says we’re going to the pub the other will follow because we’re weak as F**k!
    1 x
    Mona58

Re: 4 days since I’ve gambled. So I guess I have 96 days left of this challenge.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 am

Welcome to the forums Rebecca!

Takes a lot of strength to resist gambling. It is Not so much a weakness as it is the machines have brainwashed us. It is how they have been programmed. watch Ka' Ching pokie nation and any other you tube gambling segments so you can understand what happens.

The rest is hard as withdrawals are crazy... and you'll need to make changes to everyday life. Do new things ... maybe find a GA meeting you can both go to instead of the pub? ...

All the best on your journey !

stay strong

Mona
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    BrittV (facilitator)

Re: 4 days since I’ve gambled. So I guess I have 96 days left of this challenge.

Wed May 01, 2019 10:21 am

Welcome to the forums @Rebecca4207,

As Mona says, it's very difficult to change a behaviour. I'm sure you're not weak at all - you definitely don't sound it!

Have you considered some ways to help support yourself in making this change?
    How have you been going since your last post?
    1 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”