Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Feeling strong on day 6!

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Tilney

Feeling strong on day 6!

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:34 pm

Just hit day six! Feeling surprisingly good but still in debt with no money 😳
    3 x
    spentitallagain

Re: Feeling strong on day 6!

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:05 pm

Don't stress mate, we are in this together!

Stay strong.

You are 5 days ahead of me. I have no money either at the moment,

I spent my last $20 tonight on a greyhound race, however, this will build our resilience
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:30 am

Good on you @Tilney ! keep it up.

Both of you can maybe have a look at signing up for the 100 day challenge.

Also if you're struggling with debts, you can get in touch with one of our financial counsellors to assist you and you can also look at this website https://askizzy.org.au/ for additional resources if you are struggling with affording food etc.

Kind regards,

Calvin
    2 x
    How the F did I get here

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:12 pm

@Tilney

Going amazing tilney! That's a massive achievement! Pat yourself on the back!

You may have debt and no money atm but stay on this path and debt will slowly go down and money in bank will slowly go up, I say slowly but you would be surprised how quickly it will grow.

You are sounding super positive still, which is fantastic! I see you like me are also coming on here quite regularly. For me it really does keep everything fresh, reading posts and hearing everyone's takes of a **** time with gambling reminds me to stay strong and the fact I never want to feel complete and utter devestation again.

Keep pushing and killin it like you are!
    2 x
    Tilney

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:24 pm

Thanks so much mate! I look forward to coming on here at least twice a day to read any new posts and comments.

Today is one week for me! Can’t actually believe it. Tomorrow is pay day too, so it’ll be good see some money in my account. Just a matter of keeping it there.

Each day builds more and more confidence.. I just gotta stay strong in the mind and keep myself busy. You’re doing the right thing too dude, so keep it up and keep chipping away one min, one hour, one day at a time!

We can smash this!
    4 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”