Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • My last ‘Last Day One’

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Jc

Re: My last ‘Last Day One’

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:52 am

Today is 200 days!!
    3 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm

WOW!!! Well done!!! Amazing work :D
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am

AMAZING !!
    1 x
    Sadly, it's my last week as Community Manager. Wishing everyone all the best!
    Jc

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Sooo today is Day 218

If all goes according to plan - this will be the first gambling free Christmas in a long time. Even last year I went 200 days but still lapsed for months and had a miserable Christmas and new year.

Last year I had an ‘itch’ that I thought that if I scratched it, it would go away. Yet it was the opposite - the itch spread.

The annoying thing is I still think about gambling - and I get a little flutter in my chest thinking about it. But I have to shut it down and be mindful of where I am. I’ve limited my sports viewing as they’re infested with gambling ads - not to mention the mere sight of points/goals will trigger my brain in to calculating points totals etc, which is bloody annoying.

I hope one day I’ll be able to watch sports without thinking betting but I doubt it.

Gambling sucked the life out of me. I’ve lost all my vigour, all my enthusiasm for life. It destroyed my soul. I think about how I was in my pre-gambling days, I hope I can return to that state of mind. It made me depressed for years - to the point where I wanted to end it all. 218 days in and I’m getting better. That’s all we can do is get better.

Have a great week folks
    5 x
    Springhope17

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:18 pm

I just read the post from the start! I was very inspired with the first post. What gambling/ a bet represents to me.. i can relate so much. I might even add something similar to my thread. So i have something to look back on when i am getting urges to remember all the misery gambling cause. I really hope you stay gambling free & have a happy Christmas & New Year. I hope i can be in the same position next year.
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:41 pm

You've shown a tremendous amount progress! Well done! :)
    I'm glad that you are able to genuinely enjoy this years Christmas and New years without that heavy burden of Gambling weighing you down.
    1 x
    Jc

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Today is 234 days.

Thank you for the kind words. I’m enjoying myself.

Happy Christmas everyone.
    3 x
    How the F did I get here

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:09 pm

@Jc

👏👏👏👏
    Its a slow clap btw!!!

Your absolute legend Jc!!!
    I've not long come back on here and just learning now how far you have gone!
    You must be stoked. So happy for you.

So good to see familiar people on here that have done well then failed then back smashing it again. I've been on and off like you, was so sad for you when you broke after getting a big number up b4.

Keep smashing it and thanks for the inspiration.
    1 x
    Jc

Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Thank you!!

Today is 245 days. Happy new year guys. Hope everyone smashes their goals in 2020!
    1 x
    BrisbaneLad

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:39 am

@Jc that is super inspirational.. makes Day 8 for me easier knowing you got this far down the road 👏
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”