Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • My last ‘Last Day One’

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Jc

Re: My last ‘Last Day One’

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:52 am

Today is 200 days!!
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm

WOW!!! Well done!!! Amazing work :D
    1 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am

AMAZING !!
    1 x
    Jc

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Sooo today is Day 218

If all goes according to plan - this will be the first gambling free Christmas in a long time. Even last year I went 200 days but still lapsed for months and had a miserable Christmas and new year.

Last year I had an ‘itch’ that I thought that if I scratched it, it would go away. Yet it was the opposite - the itch spread.

The annoying thing is I still think about gambling - and I get a little flutter in my chest thinking about it. But I have to shut it down and be mindful of where I am. I’ve limited my sports viewing as they’re infested with gambling ads - not to mention the mere sight of points/goals will trigger my brain in to calculating points totals etc, which is bloody annoying.

I hope one day I’ll be able to watch sports without thinking betting but I doubt it.

Gambling sucked the life out of me. I’ve lost all my vigour, all my enthusiasm for life. It destroyed my soul. I think about how I was in my pre-gambling days, I hope I can return to that state of mind. It made me depressed for years - to the point where I wanted to end it all. 218 days in and I’m getting better. That’s all we can do is get better.

Have a great week folks
    3 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”