Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Rock bottom apparantly has 2 trap doors and a tunnel thereafter!

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    How the F did I get here

Re: Rock bottom apparantly has 2 trap doors and a tunnel thereafter!

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:33 pm

About to hit 90 days soon too !!
    Fighting for this!
    1 x
    Iamready

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:04 pm

I am so angry with myself!!!! I am so fucked up.This is it! I am ready for a change. I just got home from the bloody Pokies,I did not know how the hell i got to to this point, sick of it. Please help. don't know what to do anymore.
    2 x
    How the F did I get here

Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:47 pm

@Iamready
    And that's exactly how I feel, hence my user name.
    How the f@$! Did I get here???
    That's how I felt when I came to this forum for the first time, like how the hell did my life pan out like this? How did I end up **** street? Or shall I say devastation street?
    I still wonder.

Anyway welcome to the forum, great place for support and encouragement. We all know each others struggles.
    You have to with every inch of your body want to give up and leave the nightmare behind!
    My advice turn over control of your money to a trusted person, most of it anyway. In the early days I believe this is the only way to succeed. Get counseling or attend some GA meetings. Go to the gym, get a hobby or something to keep you busy.
    And fight for it!
    Try do the 100 day challenge on here, start your post so people can encourage you on your quest.
    All the best! You can do it!
    2 x
    Mona58

Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:11 am

Welcome to the forums lamready'

Read as much as you are able on the forums and get ready for some new emotional experiences. The first weeks and months can be and are very tirIng mentally and physically, These withdrawal sympthoms contain the urges & temptations which we need to get through ... one at a time!

Make changes to everyday life...this gives you something else to focus on. Be mindful of what you are doing and experiencing knowing that life will become more pleasant without those dreaded gamble hangovers!

stay strong! You CAN DO this!

Mona
    1 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    sherpa09 (facilitator)

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:10 pm

Hi lamready,

Sherpa09 here, (one of the moderators on the forum). Welcome to the forum! As Mona58 mentioned, be mindful of what your thoughts and feelings which may trigger you to gamble. Finding daily distractions for example, (excercise and mediation), may help in relieving the urges to gamble when they come on. Welcome again and look forward to your future posts.

Sherpa 09.
    2 x
    BrittV (facilitator)

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:56 am

hey @How the F did I get here almost 100 days! You must be really excited!!

I was wondering if you've decided on a new goal to strive for, once you've smashed this one!?
    1 x
    How the F did I get here

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:45 pm

Thanks Britt,
    Excited, happy, anxious, nervous!

I don't want to fall in the trap of falling off track now if I make the 100. Like okay it's over I got to 100. As you know I've been struggling a bit lately and even more so the last few days, had a few thoughts about playing pokies pop into my head as I've been struggling with my mental health.

I think I might do so in 25 day increments now, 125, 150 etc.
    I also have other areas in my life that need a challenge like so, so maybe start focusing energy there also.
    But I am so close I can feel it.
    Almost at day 95 no pokies, no cigarettes!
    🙂
    1 x
    How the F did I get here

Re: Rock bottom apparantl0y has 2 trap doors and a tunnel thereafter!

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:58 pm

About to hit 97 days!

🙋‍♀️👌
    2 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Well done !!!!
    :)
    1 x
    How the F did I get here

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:50 pm

Just thinking back to how much of a **** person I felt like when out playing the pokies and having my daughters face as my screen saver.
    Having to see her face when opening phone to go into bank accounts and transfer money around, and move cash from credit card to savings account, and having to type in her name every single time I did this which was many times in a session, as her name is all my banking passwords.

Man, how **** did I feel. Then on these pokies sessions I'd go to the bathroom and when washing my hands I'd make sure hell I didn't catch a glimpse at myself in the mirror as I was so distgusted/ashamed of what I was doing but couldn't stop.

So many other things too.
    I had times where I played for 8 hrs continuous, funny how an hour at work drags like hell but 2 hours in a pokie room feels like 20 mins.
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”